Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wife's car broken into,keys to car and lockbox taken..help

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  washington dc ML 
#1 ·
Wife's car was broken into and keys to my car and lockbox taken along with some valuables and camera. The thieves know what i possibly look like, so I can't just change the code to the remote (the car can be accessed with the key albeit the alarm goes on really quickly and off with just a turn of the same key in the ignition). What can i do other than pay the dealer to change all locks (ignition,door,lockbox)and get new keys? Any ideas???

#4 ·
The lockbox key is simple to replace. The dealership will give you another lock and key set for $40. You can remove the old and install the new one yourself.

I'd find out if the dealership can deactivate all other keys except the one/ones that you are using.

pradaboy55amg - 4/26/2005 2:21 AM

Wife's car was broken into and keys to my car and lockbox taken along with some valuables and camera. The thieves know what i possibly look like, so I can't just change the code to the remote (the car can be accessed with the key albeit the alarm goes on really quickly and off with just a turn of the same key in the ignition). What can i do other than pay the dealer to change all locks (ignition,door,lockbox)and get new keys? Any ideas???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.