Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Vehicle Chassis Number

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  RezaR1 
#1 ·
Where do I find my vehicle’s chassis number? I want to purchase a brake sensor for my 2001 ML 430 but when I check for it online, I need to give a chassis number since are multiple sensors available for a 2001 ML 430.

#4 ·
RezaR1 - 12/22/2004 11:42 AM

Where do I find my vehicle’s chassis number? I want to purchase a brake sensor for my 2001 ML 430 but when I check for it online, I need to give a chassis number since are multiple sensors available for a 2001 ML 430.
just log onto germanster.net.. call the contact number and they can get you the right parts without any hassle. Their website is also easy to use in regards to selecting the right pads and sensors http://www.germanstar.net/163bp.htm My ML use the $2.95 sensors the last on the list. My late year build 430 has the ML500/55 brakes. So your 2001 should use the same. Just call them if you are not sure.

#5 ·
The chassis number is sequential, These are the last 6 digits on the VIN

The dealers also use these as stock numbers.

Anyway, this will tell you where you chassis number (production sequence) is with respect to the boudaries you listed (different part for chassis up to and including 145272, or from and including 145273, ...) In that instance, ML430s with chassis production number 145272 or less were fitted with the older brakes, and 145273 and up got the newer brakes.

#10 ·
A couple of suggestions:

RezaR1 - 12/22/2004 1:03 PM

I get it now. Thanks guys... [:)]
1) Why not just get it at the dealer - it's a small enough part and it can't really be much more at the dealer than at any of the online outlets. I saw a post here yesterday (although I can't find it today!!!!) about replacing the switch - very detailed with pics and part #s. You'll need that post to finish the job.

2) Give them the build date (see placard on bottom of driver's side B piller). They should be able to figure out the chasis number from that.

#11 ·
RE: A couple of suggestions:

You are right.. When I bought my brake pads, the sensors where just around 3 dollars or so.. They are just a wire with a cheap metal tip that goes inside the pad..

You may pay more for shipping and handling than for the sensors...

The VIN is displayed on the vehicle insurance card, so you can get it from there which is what I always do...

AC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.