Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Post your ML-pictures!

655K views 1K replies 414 participants last post by  Teckgeek 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your ML!
I want to see old pictures, new pictures, pictures of modifications, pictures of you and your ML together, picures of your ML roadtrips, pictures of everything that has to do with the ML!

I luv pics! [:D][;)]

Here are a few of my ML:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hej, god dag! That little CDI on your truck would make a lot of people over here very happy! If you click on someone's name, you can see if they've got any galleries. Feel free to browse mine:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/view-profile.asp?action=view&uid=86

Sweden must be nice this time of year. I've been lucky, all my trips to Stockholm have been over the summer so I get warmth and daylight! Of course, going to sleep while it's still light out at 11:30 is a little tough... Gamla Stan in Stockholm is a great place if anyone on the board ever wants to visit the area. Tack!

#5 ·
But where's the picture of you at your computer?[:)]

#6 ·
jdbower - 5/7/2004 10:01 AM
But where's the picture of you at your computer?[:)]
My computer?

Oh, ME at my computer!! Are you talking about the joke picture ...

or the real me at my computer?!

[:D]

And, to keep it relevant, here's my ML alongside Andy's ...

Love those rims, Andy!
[;)]

#7 · (Edited)
I've got TONS here...

I just installed a new gallery software for all my pics. I like the look and all the other features now!

#10 ·
RE: aaaahhh...yessss the good 'ol days

for sale by owner presently. dealer trade offer made me puke. we'll see. Scheduled for more service for grinding in the front wheel assemblies and constant oil check light on the 17th.

Still love lookin at her though.

#11 ·
jdbower - 5/5/2004 3:03 PM

Hej, god dag! That little CDI on your truck would make a lot of people over here very happy! If you click on someone's name, you can see if they've got any galleries. Feel free to browse mine:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/view-profile.asp?action=view&uid=86
Hej hej och Godkväll! (07:45 PM here now) [:)]
Yea I know that alot of people have personal galleries, I have one aswell.
I just thought that it would be fun to post pictures that do not end up in the personal galleries.
I don't know about you guys but I think it would be nice to have a thread where you can discuss pictures of our ML's.

Sweden must be nice this time of year. I've been lucky, all my trips to Stockholm have been over the summer so I get warmth and daylight! Of course, going to sleep while it's still light out at 11:30 is a little tough... Gamla Stan in Stockholm is a great place if anyone on the board ever wants to visit the area. Tack!
It's really nice here now that spring is here and the grass is green and so on. I live in Gävle, about 200km north of Stockholm, but I do visit Stockholm occasionally and walk around in Gamle Stan. It's really nice there with all the old buildings and cozy restaurants.

#12 ·
RE: aaaahhh...yessss the good 'ol days

Ratso - 5/7/2004 12:30 PM
... Scheduled for more service for grinding in the front wheel assemblies and constant oil check light ...
You could sell yer 17" rims to help defray the cost!

Just a thought ...
[;)]

#17 ·
Ok, I posted this on another site and it only has one pic of the ML, but but is does show the fun that one can have in a proper off-roader. These photos were originally taken in January 2004.

This is another thead that demonstrates elevation snow. We rarely get snow in Charlotte as the snow/freezing line is ususally about 30 miles north of the city and mostly due to the increasing elevation into the NC mountains. Last Thursday I decided to take a day off and go skiing and my journey shows this effect perfectly. Just for reference Charlotte is about 500 ft above sea level.

It was still dark when I left and was just raining in Charlotte. About 50 miles north of town, I took this photo at a rest area on I-77. The rain has changed to snow, and is sticking on the greenery. It was 33 degrees here.

After traveling about 35 more miles, I stopped to buy gas (and paid an outrageous price for it too) and you can see it is starting to stick to the road. It was 32 here and this is just before the big rise into the mountains. This is probably about 1000 ft. above sea level.

Here at the continental divide, you can see there is much more snow. It is 31 degrees now. The second photo is the Blue Ridge Parkway crossing the Hwy I was on.

On the way to Beech, I passed through the town of Boone to get some breakfast. It is the largest town in the northern NC mountains and is also home to ASU (Appalachian State University). There are a number of great coffee houses and restaurants such as the Boone Bagerly and Angelica's Organic Vegetarian Restaurant.

I find the winter scenery between Boone and Beech Mtn absolutely beautiful. I thought I would share some of it with you.

This BTW is the Mast General Store in Valle Crucis. It has been there since 1883 and is a popular attraction these days.

More scenery.

It is a perilous journey as the road continues to wind up into the mountains. At this point the elevation is probably around 4000 ft. Better not slip off this road as it is a long drop. :eek:

Better heed this warning of this automatic warning sign and leave that sedan or cut-ute at home (the sign pops open when conditions are bad) This is at 4100 ft and is at the final road that leads to Beech.

Fortunately I was prepared. ;)

Arrival at Beech. It is 5500 ft. and there is snow everywhere. Surprisingly however, and this is a quirk of elevation, the temp quickly rose above freezing so it was warmer than when I left charlotte. Sometimes warm air masses rise above the cold ones and Beech is high enough to feel the effect.

The biggest thing going on in Beech these days is skiing in the winter, and summer homes where people escape the heat of summer. The temps rarely rise higher than the 70s at Beech. BTW, the mountain actually exceeds 6000 ft.

This is the only highspeed ski lift in NC. It is great.

These photos were taken from one of the lifts. I found it incredibly difficult to manage two ski poles, two gloves (which I had to take off), a camera, lens cover and camera bag with out dropping anything or falling out of the chair. Both of which would have sucked big time. :p

#19 ·
Here's a picture of the ML and the 300SDL:

Attachments

#20 ·
Here's a different angle:

Attachments

#21 ·
Subwoofer

Not long ago I installed a little subwoofer from Pioneer with a 100W built in amp. It's located right behind the second row seats.

Added just the amout of base I wanted [:)]

And a superthankyou to lbnilsen for his excellent wiring instructions!! [:D]

#22 ·
Ok, here is another pic where I used the ML to haul dirt to my new garden. 2000lbs at a time.

#23 ·
Tim - 5/12/2004 11:21 AM

Ok, here is another pic where I used the ML to haul dirt to my new garden. 2000lbs at a time.

Tim, nice pic! Looks like a Snowbear Utility Trailer!

One question - where did you mount your license plate so that it wouldn't get bent when you do that?

#26 ·
RE: Subwoofer

stroessel - 5/11/2004 4:19 PM

Kind'a looks like one of them nukes that the government says that the terrorists have... WMD!