Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Post your ML-pictures!

655K views 1K replies 414 participants last post by  Teckgeek 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your ML!
I want to see old pictures, new pictures, pictures of modifications, pictures of you and your ML together, picures of your ML roadtrips, pictures of everything that has to do with the ML!

I luv pics! [:D][;)]

Here are a few of my ML:

See less See more
#27 ·
RE: Subwoofer

UncAl

stroessel - 5/11/2004 5:19 PM

And a superthankyou to lbnilsen for his excellent wiring instructions!! [:D]
Could you share this with us? Details?
TIA!
Share the wiring instructions or just more details?
TIA?

AndyFracica

Kind'a looks like one of them nukes that the government says that the terrorists have... WMD!
It's not a nuke...and I'm not planning on flying my ML to Washington to blow up the White House either! [;)]
WMD? [:)]

#28 ·

stroessel - 5/12/2004 2:26 PM
Share the wiring instructions or just more details?
Both, please! How was it wired? Did you use an in-line convertor? How is it secured to the floor?

It looks like a great mod! You might consider writing a publication for it!

Thanks In Advance!

#31 ·

UncAl - 5/11/2004 8:39 PM

Both, please! How was it wired? Did you use an in-line convertor? How is it secured to the floor?

It looks like a great mod! You might consider writing a publication for it!
Well...I don't know about the publication but here's some info...

(remeber that english is not my native tongue)

I got the Pioneer TS-WX105A (http://www.pioneer.se/se/product_detail.jsp?product_id=601&taxonomy_id=25-130) and placed it behind the second row seats, on the drivers side. It was exactly the right size to be tucked away behind the seats.
It came with those grey straps you see in the picture, you just fasten them with two metal plates that are screwed into the floor...and then fasten the straps around the unit.

The sub came pre-wired. All cables were just plug and play except the connections to the stock system.
I had to locate all the speakercables, plus the remote to tell the sub when to turn ON and OFF.

1:
Nothing that I had to mess with, CD-changer and other stuff.

2:
Cable #1 - positive, speaker front driver side (red)
Cable #2 - negative, speaker front driver side (grey)
Cable #3 - positive, speaker front passenger side (orange)
Cable #4 - negative, speaker front passenger side (white)
Cable #5 - positive, speaker rear driver side (blue)
Cable #6 - negative, speaker rear driver side (green)
Cable #7 - positive, speaker rear passenger side (light red/pink)
Cable #8 - negative, speaker rear passenger side (orange)

3:
Cable #5 - remote (orange)

So all signal cables were now located. But hey! I needed 12V power to feed the sub with. So I connected the powercables to the 12V socket in the luggage space. It was the nearest source of power that I knew of at that time.

Everything I had to connect was now connected.
I turned on the system and miracliously it worked excellent!

All cables were put along the driver side, under the door sills. (the picture are showing the passenger side, but I wanted to illustrate where the cables were put)

Then up underneath the space underneath the steering wheel and then up to the stock unit.

The whole installation took about 3-4 hours (including the preperations and cleaning up afterwards [:)])

Would like to thank lbnilsen once again for his help!

If anyone would like additional pics or anything, drop a mail!

#33 ·
UncAl - 5/12/2004 11:42 AM

Tim - 5/12/2004 11:21 AM

Ok, here is another pic where I used the ML to haul dirt to my new garden. 2000lbs at a time.

Tim, nice pic! Looks like a Snowbear Utility Trailer!

One question - where did you mount your license plate so that it wouldn't get bent when you do that?
Well thanks, and yes it is a Snowbear trailer. The answer to the license plate is that you take it off before tilting the bed. LOL

I got some thumbscrew reflector screws at the NCDOT when I was buying the tag for the thing, which make that part fairly easy.

#35 ·
Hey guys... not able to post pics ....
error message:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

CreateObject Exception

/forums/forums/attach-file.asp

The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005.

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forums/forums/attach-file.asp, line 47

c0000005

#38 ·
The ML400 is outfitted like a ML500 except that it has a kickass twin turbocharged diesel V8. Unfortunately it is only available in Europe.