Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: Cayenne Problems

666 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pointman 
#1 ·
Just in case you were thinking of cayenne:

Kayli on 2004-02-26 at 13:04:44 (posted from: Host: jffwpr01.jf.intel.com IP: 134.134.136.1)

Subject: Re: dead cayenne (151 views)

Message: Mine had the same problem at 200 miles, not driven for 3 days prior, lights etc off and key out of ignition. A couple days before this the "comfort" menu just vanished - no one could figure out why - did this happen to you as well? If it did take both your keys to the dealer with the car just in case.

It stayed in svc for almost a week - they "shut the computer down" and replaced the control module but never could figure out what caused the drain on the battery, and they did escalate it to Porsche. So far - knock on wood :)- it is holding a charge and running great but I havent had the nerve to touch any settings yet!

Let me know if your dealer finds a root cause - will do the same!

Author: Chris alaska on 2004-03-04 at 15:25:27 (posted from: Host: 179-143-58-66.gci.net IP: 66.58.143.179)

Subject: Re: dead cayenne (36 views)

Message: I purchased a 2003 turbo. It had 3900 miles on it that the owner of the dealer put on. I now have 4500 miles and have used almost four quarts of oil. They tell me that this is normal. Also my start engine light comes on every morning for about 10 minutes (after its already running). They charged the battery but it is still happening. Does any of this sound firmiliar?
Thank you,
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Well that does it then.....

looks like I'll be keeping my MLemon after all ;-)
Not sure about the Cayenne TT oil burn rate, but my 911TT burns oil at about 1 quart per 2000 miles and what's more I'd be worried if it didn't.
Whereas my wonderful ML430 has never used a drop !
Shame about the rate it gets thru' rear disk pads though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.