Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

bi xenon adjust

712 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  xwing1124 
#1 ·
Hi, after reading some of the posts on this subject WHAT IS THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR ADJUSTING is it turn bolth screws at the same time and direction for verticle then adjust horizontal with the just outside alone----or is it----- turn the inner screw for vert and outer for horiz.

Thanks in advance- Barry 99-ML430/99[?]

#2 ·
It is very easy.

Just adjust each light and each adjustment (up-down / left-right) one at a time. The key is to mark your test screen (for me a garage door) accurately AND to have 25 feet between the lights and the test screen.

If you have any questions, just pull out your owner's manual and follow the instructions. The part about using a level requires a special tool. For me, I just marked the height of the lights and then used that mark for my vertical (up-down) target. After that I just did a little test drive and made a few minor adjustments from there.

If this sounds too difficult, then just take it to the dealer. Should be less than $100.

#3 ·
Thanks--- I have them set the pretty close right now-- the pattern looks like the pics that others have posted and its cutoff is just peeking over the decklid of the typical car in front of me at stoplights.
I saw a thread here about turning bolth screws at once and that made no sense to me at all.

Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.