Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ML Steering Wheel

820 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  AndyFracica 
#1 ·
I won this item on ebay and would like know some important things before I go to the dealer for the installation, if there is any.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Should be none.....l won a "New" steering wheel from a 2002 ML 500 on E-bay....of course without the airbag, such as your's....l brought it in...The SA did it in 20 minutes............No need to worry...Enjoy your Wood steering wheel........

#3 ·
dewdaltz - 12/13/2003 10:55 PM

I won this item on ebay and would like know some important things before I go to the dealer for the installation, if there is any.
Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing how much you paid for your steering wheel?

Thanks,

Andy

#4 ·
doh! dewaltz... you out bid me by a measly $5! oh well, congrats on winning the steering wheel.

one thing i heard was that some of the early model ml steering wheels ('98) do not fit post 2000's

i dont know if this is true or not but something i heard when i was going to buy stefans steering wheel.

#5 ·
Well no...

tsanjose - 12/13/2003 11:30 PM

doh! dewaltz... you out bid me by a measly $5! oh well, congrats on winning the steering wheel.

one thing i heard was that some of the early model ml steering wheels ('98) do not fit post 2000's

i dont know if this is true or not but something i heard when i was going to buy stefans steering wheel.
They fit but the leather quality is not necessarily the same. The pre-'00 MLs didn't have as good quality leather vs the '00+.

BTW, Troy, I just realised that I forgot to contact you! Sorry about that. It completely slipped my mind.

#6 ·
Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing how much you paid for your steering wheel?

Thanks,

Andy[/QUOTE]

Here`s the history bids :
http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=2447358372

#7 ·
dewdaltz - 12/14/2003 5:21 AM

Thanks,

Andy
Here`s the history bids :
http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=2447358372[/QUOTE]

That is a great price. Thanks,

Andy

#8 ·
So does your new wheel have an airbag on it? If it doesn't is there like a light on? I'm thinking of getting a new MOMO steering wheel but i don't know about the airbag sensor issue...

#9 ·
Usually you just use your existing airbag when replacing the wheel (this is why the procedure is usually done by a mechanic). If your Momo wheel doesn't allow the OEM airbag, I wouldn't even consider it.

#10 ·
MercedeSChink - 12/14/2003 9:42 AM

So does your new wheel have an airbag on it? If it doesn't is there like a light on? I'm thinking of getting a new MOMO steering wheel but i don't know about the airbag sensor issue...
Yes I agree with Jeff, If you can't use the airbag stay away from it. One of the things that makes the ML so great is its array of safety equipment. IMHO

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.