Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Chromed Side Panels

753 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyFracica 
#1 ·
Yeah, i got a scratch on my side panel of my door and was wondering if i could get replacements. Anyways so i decided to go to FMM but they stopped selling the Chrome panels...does anyone know where i could get them?
This is an image of the part that i'm talking about...

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you try e-mailing FMM anyway? I know that the German manufacturer has discontinued them, but they may have a few left in ex-stock. Wouldn't hurt to check.

I absolutely love mine. The vehicle gets a lot of looks from other ML owners since the chrome strips look completely stock.

#3 ·
Drew - 12/13/2003 12:29 PM

Did you try e-mailing FMM anyway? I know that the German manufacturer has discontinued them, but they may have a few left in ex-stock. Wouldn't hurt to check.

I absolutely love mine. The vehicle gets a lot of looks from other ML owners since the chrome strips look completely stock.
Drew,

Tried that a while ago but they don't have any.

Andy

#4 ·
Brett Slack - 12/14/2003 3:14 PM

I was just thinking about ordering a replacement set for mine, just incase I received alot of door-opening dings (not yet atleast, phew!).

The German ones were just chromed plastic.. can the ML's original's be stripped and chromed?

I LOVE mine, I would cry if I couldn't find chrome replacements...they make the brilliant-silver models really stand out, but they're not for everyone. Before I permanantly attached them to my ML, I temporally attached them to my wife's desert-silver ML, they just didn't do the trick for her color, should've been gold chrome.

-Brett Slack
Brett,

Are you saying that MB originally offered chrome?

If so, I wonder if they are available through a dealer? Hmmmm....???

Andy

#5 ·
RE: Not factory chrome, bought from FFM when in stock...

Brett Slack - 12/14/2003 7:39 PM

Andy no. I bought mine from FFM in March-April '03 and installed them on my brilliant silver ML. The day I ordered them Jerry said I was receiving the last of 2 remaining sets.

...that the many-many complements given me by other Mercedes owners including employees Mercedes dealerships I frequent have brought me to the conclusion that my best exterior upgrades have been:
Brett,

They look so good I'm surprised that someone else isn't making them. I would buy a set for my Brilliant Silver ML in a second.

Rebadged to ML-500
Sshhhh - Don't let UncAl know.[:D]

Thanks,

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.