Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

3rd row seats only

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AndyFracica 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have some questions about the 3rd row for a 99ML430.
1)If you buy the seats only, ie. privately. Is there a hardware kit for everything else, like the shoulder belts, wheel well brackets etc?
2)Does the seat block access to the CD changer?
3)Do all 99 ML, right side, 2nd row seats, fold upward for acess to the rear. I have'nt tried mine yet but I saw this feature in the installation post.

Thanks
David

#2 ·
gw17625410 - 12/13/2003 8:27 AM

Hello,

I have some questions about the 3rd row for a 99ML430.
1)If you buy the seats only, ie. privately. Is there a hardware kit for everything else, like the shoulder belts, wheel well brackets etc?
2)Does the seat block access to the CD changer?
3)Do all 99 ML, right side, 2nd row seats, fold upward for acess to the rear. I have'nt tried mine yet but I saw this feature in the installation post.

Thanks
David
David,

I can't speak to MY 99 but I will tell you how my 2003 seats work, and I believe that they are the same.

First, the dealer has an install kit available.

The seat blocks access to the CD changer but you can flip the seats forward and gain access.

Both seats fold forward and then flip up for storage space. You do have to remove the headrests and store them in in the space in the seat bottom. Then you can fold the seats forward and then up and out of the way.

Andy

#4 ·
gw17625410 - 12/14/2003 5:40 AM

Thanks,
Do you kow the cost or PT# of the install kit?
GW,

I'll send you a private message with the name of my contact at Sun Motor Cars the Benz dealer in Camp Hill PA.

Mike can provide you with pricing and a discount.

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.