Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2006 ML are going to be produced in....

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BOY-6 
#1 ·
BRASIL...?????[:(][xx(]

The chances are that the car is going to be a possible POS.

Lookie here:
http://www.autobild.de/projektor/projektor.php?artikel_id=5480&pos=23

under the pic it says:

"... 4,60 Meter lange Allrad-Mercedes-Benz MST wird ab 2006 in Brasilien gebaut."

If Tuscaloosa is bad, this is going to be baaaaaad.

#2 ·
If true...

My guess is that it's a smaller plant for regional sales only, like the E-class plant they're opening up in China.

#3 ·
i wouldn't worry about it.
produced in brazil isn't bad.
german companies have been producing out of there for YEARS and so they've gotten a lot of the german quality culture in the plants.

i lived there for a year. you can't imagine how many germans and german companies are setup up there.

but most of their output is for regional consumption anyway.

#4 ·
True, German companies have been there for years. Some 300E sold in the US have been produced in

South America.

Buses, trucks, etc... Mercedes has been producing there for years. This "Germanization" process has been long ongoing, it culminated shortly after WWII

#7 ·
LUGNUT - 12/10/2003 1:49 PM
"... 4,60 Meter lange Allrad-Mercedes-Benz MST wird ab 2006 in Brasilien gebaut."
Ah, LUGNUT, that's not the new M-Class, that's the smaller MST SUV and according to recent news from MBUSA, it's not currently planned. Time will tell. [:)] The next M-Class definately comes from Vance. Mercedes does build some cars in Juiz de Fora already, the A-Class and C-Class for the South American market as far as I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.