Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Got it!

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  roadsession 
#1 ·
i just got my rear wing yesterday from FMM. I was surprised it was so light compared to the rear wing i had before on my BMW. anyways hopefully this is durable enough. ill install it this sat. $75installation. i'm tempted to call-in-sick tomorrow so that i can bring it to the shop [}:)]. can't wait...

-RL

#4 ·
chris0055 - 12/10/2003 2:41 AM

Hey buddie,
How much are they? without shipping and include shipping price.
Does it come with painted already?
Where do you get installation? Dealer?
Please tell me, and where do you order it.
Chris,

Here is the address for For My Mercedes FMM http://www.formymercedes.com/mb.asp

Searcy the ML products to find the wing.

Andy

#5 ·
functionality

besides keeping the rear wheels down during high speeds[;)],

does the rear wing increase or decrease the amount of rain/dirt on the rear window?

i think they look cool but i don't want to decrease visibility.

#6 ·
mLfREaK

mLfREaK - 12/10/2003 4:38 AM

...Chris, got mine from FMM for $368 including shipping..i should get mine very soon...its a silver with the clear LED...Jerry from FMM emailed me and he said it awesome...cant wait......ill look for a local body shop for the installation....[;)]
how come you got it for lower price than i do? i paid $375+$18(S&H). did you have coupon or something?
-RL

#7 ·
No significant change

The only thing I've noticed is that in certain sun angles it shades the rear hatch a bit better - especially a concern when it's dirty.

#9 ·
Thanks man,
How come I can't see the one with Clear LED?
mLfREak, are you sure that is the price you pay? coz the one on the web is not the price. Any discount for Benzworld members?
I am temperary out of budget now; however, I think I will be able to get one after X'tmas as well as the clear bug deflector.
I am thinking that will the bug deflector make any sound while the car in high speed motion. This is becuase I'll start to snowboarding soon, many chance to get on highways.
Andy, what's your next modies, rear wing as well?
or set of fender flare?

#10 ·
Chris,

I am considering both of those modifications. After driving around in the sloppy weather, the wider tires seem to throw more water and dirt on the sides of the vehicle.

I also think the wing looks pretty good. I may order that today.[:D]

Andy

#12 ·
Chris,

I ordered my Wing today from FMM. I went with the one without the LED even though Jerry tried to convince me to go for it.

I just didn't want to mess with the wiring.

I had him ship it 3 day UPS Select, I should see it Tuesday.

Andy

#13 ·
AndyFracica - 12/11/2003 9:48 PM

Chris,

I ordered my Wing today from FMM. I went with the one without the LED even though Jerry tried to convince me to go for it.

I just didn't want to mess with the wiring.

I had him ship it 3 day UPS Select, I should see it Tuesday.

Andy
Andy, pls create a BEFORE (stock) and AFTER publication of your ML. It's an inspiration to us all for personalization of the ML

#14 ·
roadsession - 12/11/2003 9:21 PM

Andy, pls create a BEFORE (stock) and AFTER publication of your ML. It's an inspiration to us all for personalization of the ML
So are you saying that you want to see the stock photos and a progression of changes? Or do you want to see how the spoiler is installed?

Andy

#15 ·
AndyFracica - 12/11/2003 11:17 PM
So are you saying that you want to see the stock photos and a progression of changes? Or do you want to see how the spoiler is installed?

Andy
No, I'd like to see an album of all the mods you've made to date - sort of like a 'story-board' progression of changes.

It was this very forum that inspired me to get the MCS and NAV retrofit, the Xenons, the Chrome ringed gauges amongst others. The various 'story-board' mods inspired me.

I think a story board album would inspire others too as to how to personalize one's ML.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.