Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Finally got the Lorinser Rims

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NewYorkS600 
#1 ·
Hey guys haven't been active
But 2 days ago I got this rims 18" Lorinser D93 so happy about it love the way car looks now thought to share it with you..

Love to hear your thoughts on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
CrazyArA, I'll trade you my 20" for your 18". :) First thing I noticed is the poor construction of the center cover wrench. Most of the "teats" were broken on mine (original). I then bought a cheap Asian knockoff and it lasted two wheel changes. I've learned to just "snug" them down and not apply any King Kong force. Have also learned to remove and replace them (covers) at home BEFORE going to the tire store. I've been thinking about making my own wrench. Anything would be better than the original or the knockoffs.
Mine will get a re-plating in the next 12 months but they have held up very well considering they are 20 years old. Found no wobbles or bent edges. A real great product.
Anziani

Attachments

#3 ·
So yours replicas? 20" dose sound nice the rims I had before this wear 20" but I gotta tell you I like the ride how it feels how smooth it is with 18"s
I gotta pass on the offer lol thanks tho

The guy who had this they scratched the rim around the center cap trying to remove it I gotta get those fixed. One way to take the center cap without scratch or damage don't use any wrench just hit it towards left or right whichever if you taking it off or putting it back on with your palm or feet works trust me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Anziani, When you're done with those 20" D93's, I'll take them. I'd like a set to finish of my car for shows, since the Original Owner bought the car with a full Lorinser package, including wheels, but they were gone by the time I got my hands on it.

#8 ·
I wish you were around when I bought the car originally. There is a set of Extreme Contact Continentals on the car now. Will wear them out first. I also will start re-chroming them this year. After 20 years, there is some degradation on the openings. Will stay in touch.
Anziani

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.