Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MPG Guage

605 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  daidnik 
#1 ·
All my guages work other than the mpg guage. It's stuck on 30mpg. Is there a fuse or something to check to see if connected? I've read some say its vacuum related and others say it's electrical. Thanks guys!

#7 ·
I have a '99 S500 and I have found the 'real time' MPG gauge to be reasonably accurate.

One can also adjust it in HHTWIN although I have not found the need to do so and there is no current corr factor.

The real utility of that gauge is to enable the driver to get good fuel economy in the big heavy W140 and I use that gauge a lot for that purpose.

Now, in an R129, the gauge is less important.

#9 ·
Coastalbenz95,

I fully understand that part.

I'm not sure about how '95 instrument cluster is. I know that the later version is different. My '99 has only electrical connections to the instrument cluster.

There is a test function in HHTWIN for the instrument cluster to test function of all the gauges that runs all from 0 to full scale over a few seconds time span. If that is same for '95, then that would be a place to start as it tells you if gauge works, then you trace 'upstream' from there towards whatever drives the gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.