Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

97 S600.. resistor or non-resistor spark plug

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  samosali 
#1 ·
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this, I know early style m120 called for non resistor plugs but with the later coilpack ignition, can a non resistor plug damage the car? I know copper plugs are the only way to go , but I'm curious because I have read that non-resistor plugs cause damage to newer cars ignition systems. I have a set of Bosch F8DC4 in the garage, when I got the car I just threw some autozone coppers in there, and she runs fine. Anyone have an opinion or answer?

#5 ·
if you will take time, let's say 20 hours or so, you will find many discussions on internet. i did it. at the end it is clear to me that resistor plug cannot make any damage to ignition electronic components in comparison to non-resistor plug. so if resistor plug is dangerous for ignition, then this is true also for a non-resistor one.

#7 ·
Smoke & Mirrors

I believe that spark plugs and oil are both somewhat like "snake-oil" and are sold with a little bit of smoke and mirrors. Why spend $5 or $10 on a spark plug when the factory recommended plug is available on line for about $2?
Same with the oil. They came with Mobil One, and the new ones still do, so why try to improve "The best or nothing"?

How many of you put the mid-grade gas in your cars which only require unleaded and do not specify premium? If you do, the marketing worked and you are wasting 20 cents per gallon on the fuel (in my opinion):nerd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.