Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fixing soft close and locks, help please!

998 views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  samosali 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I just partially fixed my soft close system and driver side lock.
It was proper nightmare to understand how to get it disassembled!

Soft close is fixed, locks have rods broken, and i just ordered them, so ready to finish.

Please HELP!!! I found items below inside of the door! What i they, how to fix?

Everything inside the door works, but i guess this is something which broke off because of the crappy plastic.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
look at this video at 23 min 50 sec and check if that's it. i did not look at whole video so maybe your part is somewhere else. the part at 23 min 50 sec is shown only for a half of second so be careful with your fingers, mouse and stop button :).

#11 · (Edited)
Think i figured this out :)

So, summary of my front door issues/fix

1. Both rods between actuators and lock mechanism were broken, cracked right in the middle. What kind of shitty metal should it be to crack this way??? Right in the middle of each rod, virtually identical.
2. Driver soft close actuator was passing air and making whistling sound... it is damn expensive :( So, $170 later i got new one.
3. Both sides have this plastic guide for the window regulator fell apart. So new ones will be istalled.
4. Greeze everywhere turned into crap... i sprayed all of ot with silicone with feflon to dissolve it, cleaned, and put proper krytox. I would never use any original grease!!! It turned into plastic gum, very firm one. Good quality grease does not suppose to turn into chewing gum over time, crappy one does. It may get thicker, but not to the solid state! So much for quality...
5. Passenger door lock actuator, as well as diver's door both cracked, but still functional. Both replaced to new ones.
6. Foam/film wapor barrier turned into dust and old brittle scotch tape. Very difficult to remove, ripped apart into small chunks. I had to use plastic scraper to get it off the door surface.
7. New Dynamate Dynaliner in going to be installed this weekend. I chosen to add 3m butyl repair rope for automotive application in addition to self adhesive Dynaliner. Not sure if it is good idea yet, may use it may not.

I'll post pictures if the web site allows it, next weekend. Any suggestions and comments greatly appriciated!

ATTACHMENT sytem is still disfunctional on this website!!! It was working 10/24th last time. Does not work any more. Will someone fix it???

* More specific, it seems the problem appeares on mobile devices, Ipad, Iphone. Desktops may work fine, i do not use old stuff/windows systems so cannot tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.