Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

# Check your Vin Number #

37K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  aleksnikolaev993 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
I'm sure this Thread will come handy to many MB owners , not only W140 owners .
Thank you Lee for Posting this one .👍

#5 ·
That's been going on for years Tassy ,you would have to shut down the Internet completely to stop that ,there are other sides as well.
Matty's W140 here had his VIN # changed for something weird looking .

Since we made this VIN thread a Sticky ,there hasn't been any further Threads or post's from members searching for a VIN decoder .
Clicking the HOME button on that vin page , you can choose to view it in English as well .

However Tassy or any member ,if you think that this Thread should not be here ,let me know & i will remove it .:thumbsup:

#7 ·
As reliable as CARInfo has been through the years I wanted to share another site that, in my opinion, surpass it in terms of results and presentation. In English, no translation needed.

Disclaimer: I have no relation or financial interest with this website. Found it some years ago while looking for a better option.

https://www.datamb.com/

DataMB is a secure site that produces great looking results, printable as is or easily converted to PDF. As opposed to CARInfo where sometimes you only get the option code numbers (like in the case of my S500), DataMB opens every one saving you a ton of work and the aggravation of looking them up individually.

Included is a production (release) date and country, and delivery date.

There's another one that I only use for a particular reason: the factory where the car was built. That's how I learned mine was made in the plant at Sindelfingen, just outside of Stuttgart.

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz/S-CLASS

Both of these are MB specific, the latter being S Class specific.

Finally, for those worse case scenarios, a couple of years ago I put together a complete list of option codes, an amalgamation of several lists floating around the intertubes. :)

Enjoy.

Attachments

#12 ·
Nice Find Green.T . This one is even better then the 1st one posted .

Note that by entering the VIN# by copy & pasting it that there are no spaces , the link were you enter the VIN# deletes the last digits automatically . I entered my VIN# 3-4 times before realizing it ,lol.:thumbsup:

#10 ·
I'll raise you:

I've actually got a thread for each car on here that documents anything major with the VINs & paint codes with easily searchable names via Google in case I need to look up any info on my cars while out there in the wild public haha.

Reactions: GreenT