Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Put a fridge on my mercedes w140

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Adrianw140 
#1 ·
My car don't have a fridge and i have bought one and a fuel tank 90 L, but i don't know how to install it, because is different , it has 2 more pipes on the each sides.
Does anyone have some pics or something that can help me?

#2 ·
Adrian , I just had all of my rear seats out ,where the hole is that houses the fridge or ski compartment , there is a big flap , right behind it is the tank ,about 1 inch clearance .
For your fridge you have there ,I believe you need the special tank that has a split in that section ,like a big wide U .
Do a search as I have seen a good thread about this fridge installation here on Benzworld .:thumbsup:

#4 ·
Today i have finished install the fridge.
So, the parts are: another fuel tank and fuel separator vapor, which is put on top of the fuel tank and a pipe from this separator goes in the charcoal canister ( left rear wheel ).
The charcoal canister has 3 pipes, 2 of them are identical with the 100 liters fuel tank, but the third pipe has a valve, who must be connected in the pipe of the vapors separator. This pipe with valve does not exist on the 100 liters fuel tank, only the charcoal canister of the 90 liters fuel tank has this pipe with this valve.

#7 · (Edited)
The is an option for a "cooler" and "ski compartment", which are two different things.

A drink cooler ("cool box") is literally a small refrigerator that fits into a recess above where the arm rest goes in the back seat.

The ski compartment option is really nothing more than a heavy rubber flap and box that covers a square opening that is above the armrest of the back seat that allows you to put skis in the trunk and have them project through this opening into the passenger compartment, since they would otherwise be too long to fit into the trunk.

The ski compartment option has a "U" shaped fuel tank that goes around where the opening is at the top of the middle of the rear seat above the arm rest. I'm not sure if the cool box requires the "U" shaped gas tank or not.

Cool box:

TAKE-UP DEVICE for 1997 Mercedes S 600. #1408400255

Ski bag:

CONTAINER made by Mercedes Benz. #1408400062

Both are pretty rare options for US cars and are pretty much unobtanium. Mercedes hasn't sold parts for them in years, and people actively search for them in Europe and Japan, the two markets where they were more common. A cool box kit came up on eBay in the past year and I think the seller wanted and got more than $1000 for it. Sort of like panoramic tops for R129s...

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.