Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My burned PSE.

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Brett San Diego 
#1 ·
Now I understand why my door locks stopped working.

I have been trying to figure out why the trunk won't open and suddenly the doors stopped locking centrally. I decided to pull the seat cushion to look at the pump. What did I find? SMOKE! The fuse for the pump did not pop and the wires to the pump melted to the electric motor. A few minutes longer and I would have lost the car and the garage.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Picked up a pump from a 96 220 and will attempt to make it work. For $8 American it's worth a try. Also good to learn where the trunk lines are. I pressurized the zv line and the dust free handle popped out. Black line. Then pressurized the yellow line and heard a faint click. Pushed in trunk lock and voila! Open boot! Now to figure out why the tumbler won't turn.

#13 ·
Update: pump works amazing. Frankensteined the motor from the 220 to the pump section of the w140. Great pressure. Great vacuum. I have discovered that I have a major air leak somewhere in one of the small yellow lines. My plan is to cut each line individually to test each circuit. Then properly repair. Possible that only the trunk diaphragm is operable. When I pressurized the single yellow line only the trunk activated. This is fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.