Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes EZL Ignition Control Module / Air connector Nipple broke of

14K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe-V12 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to extra maintenance here on my S600 , I accidentally broke the EZL Ignition control modules air nipple , dam those are fragile due to the heat .
As I was checking looking that everything is in order , just by touching it , it fall of & broke at the base of the module , a lot of air flows thru there so its best to leave the engine off .
Accident it might be but also good in a way that I did find this rotten connector, what if it brakes 100's of km's away ,this is what I call maintenance ,finding broken parts etc or just about to so they can be replaced before they leave you stranded somewhere.
Anyway I purchased another one from an S320 which is just down the road getting wrecked, its says 6CYL on the module ,I knew it wasn't going to work but the guy that had it said Yeah it will work just the same ,lol ( as usual just to make the kill ,sale ), ok I said I take it for $50 bucks ,he asked for a $100 saying that's a $3000 part but he accepted $50 ,just to test it out & see what happens ( I took it but knew its a no go ).
Engine starts and all but the whole car only slightly vibrates and the sound at the rear exhaust sounds weird , turning the steering wheel the revs almost go to zero & the car try's to turn of but then comes alive again ,all in a few seconds , I didn't try any further & turned the engine of before something goes bust , I don't need the car anyway for now .
I have access to another identical V12 module but have to wait for Peter to come back on Monday since he has a Jap import S600 like mine ,same year as well .
Ok ,other then that Guys ,when you are working near this Module in front of the firewall underneath the engine covers , don't touch it ,leave it alone ,if that nipple brakes you cant use the car ,remember that .
Except for this EZL units nipple ,everything else underneath my engine covers is rock solid ,wiring harness's are all in excellent condition with no cracks anywhere ,air hoses no leaks , no oil leaks that I can see , ac no obvious leaks & so on ,plugs have been changed ,new oil/filter /air / belts look ok ,she is perfect .
Just some pics so everyone knows which module this is & looks like . These are not interchangeable between other Merc's , check part number that it is the same like yours on the car if not don't buy it , same part # only ..:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.