Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Interior leather color

12K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mb99s320 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 S320. I wanted to do a small repair on the driver's seat and need the correct dye. I am having a hard time figuring out the right color to order. I believe the leather is cream colored. I have seen a variety of names. Buttermilk, mushroom, championon and siam beige. The color code is 265. The exterior color is 702 smoke silver metallic.
I have looked at the colors on the leatherique website and Furniture clinic. But the numbers don't match and they have a variety of cream shades. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I do not have the facts from 1995, but please have a look at these pages from the specifications in;

1994;

1996;

1997 (no longer any 265 option);

So, to me, it looks like the color code for the seat leather for option
code 265 seems to be 8F33 ? (though I must say it looked greyish from your picture... but I guess its a white balance effect, or because its next to your silver exteriour paint image)

br,
syljua

#4 ·
Interior leather

I agree 8F33 looks correct. It's called champignon which is a kind of a cream beige. The dye companies have different names and different shade of cream which makes it almost impossible to get the correct one. The only other option is sending them a sample if I can. Here is another picture. Again, it looks grey due to the poor lighting. It actually has a light yellowish hue to it.

Attachments

#5 ·
Give me your vin and I will check to make sure.

#9 ·
Hi Martin.... The damage is minor. Just some scuffing/rubbing off of the color on the drivers side. You know that area that gets rubbed everything time you sit down and get out. There aren't really any cracks. I just need some color to fill in what was rubbed off...but it needs to match. I have also used leatherique products and they are very good. I used the rejunvenator on the rest of the interior. I didn't have deep cracks in the passenger side but it did help to soften and eliminate them to some degree. It does soften leather. And I didn't have it out in the heat for very long.
The drivers seat does need some color in a few spots.

#11 ·
https://www.furnitureclinic.com/images/homelogo.gif
Hi Martin...I will send you some pics. It's just minor scuffing on the side bolster drivers side. They have two systems. One is a color "balm" you just rub in. This is the simplest way to go and might do the trick because my damage is minor. The other is a more involved painting system with a small spray gun. I am not sure which is the best way to go. Also color match is a problem. They do have their own color chart and a color chart for various auto manufacturers. If you have the time maybe you could take a look and tell me what you think. Not sure whether I should go for beige or cream? I am leaning towards cream because it does have a little yellow in it like my car. Will send pics shortly. Thanks and have a great holiday weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.