Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Broken Rear Door Glass DIY?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Merc-S600 
#1 ·
Some idiot broke both of the windows in the rear left door. :eek
I have found DIY to remove the door panel, rear triangular small window but none for the removal and replacement of the main window.

Is there clear description of the removal and replacement of the rear door main window?

Also Which order should one replace, big first.. small first ??

Any help would be great!!!

#2 ·
Geez some idiots have nothing better to do ,honest .
Start with the small triangle 1st ,if you do it the other way around you wont be able to fit the big window in then .
Check the 2 threats out below ,there is something here on Benzworld about it .
Replacing the glass is a pretty straight forward job ,once you got the trim of ,drill out the 5 rivets that hold the window regulator ,don't forget to remove the speaker if you have them at the rear doors .
Take of the outer chrome trim by lifting it up on one edge ,you will see then how easy it gets ,remove the centre screw or revet to remove the triangle window ,the centre window comes out towards the outside of the door .
one side will probably take you 2/3 hours ,the other half'n a hour or so .
What I wrote here is just a small description of what is actually needed to do this . :thumbsup:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1549662-need-assistance-replace-right-rear-window.html

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1580459-diy-photos-how-repair-back-window.html

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
#5 ·
There is no need to remove the window regulator , I just noticed I wrote above to drill the rivets out for it , you just slide the window of its base ,that's all.
I got confused with the usual window regulator replacements there a little ,lol.
Sorry champ for that slight wrong info .:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.