Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pix Inside - Led upgrade anyone ?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Merc-S600 
#1 ·
I just installed some white license plate led's and thought ild share some pictures with you guys.

I was wondering if anyone has done any led lighting interior/exterior upgrades ??

I changed the rear mirror bulbs to white led and heres some pix, I personally liked the stock much better.

Heres Stock Yellow light below

and heres white led below

Heres the led's i used and also the stock bulbs

I Also Changed the license plate light bulbs which personally i think look alot better then the stock yellow, but i may swap back..not sure yet, but so far so good.

For some odd reason as soon as i changed the license plate light bulb and swapped to led, fuse number 9 went out on me and i replaced it and it worked just fine.

Has anyone tried putting in led's for interior ? ild love to see pix.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Lol, commodore ,looks like you & I having the same ideas right now with the same car lol,.
I just finished installing & modifying all of the cars lights inside & outside ,the only one I didn't change are the license plate lights ,when you swap them to led's ,the yellow cluster light "bulb out" turns on ,so I took it of again & reinstalled the original .
Next you should install the under door projector MB logo light ,those are awesome at night when you open the door (s) .

This is an earlier video ,since then there are more lights on the car like in the trunk ( safety red & blue lights flashing with switches ) & purple lights under the seats , interiors lights are very bright LED's now .
In this video the interior lights are still the original yellowish once .Cluster is next on the menu ..:thumbsup:

Before & after pics ,Old & New look ..
I think its absolutely fascinating what petrol heads do with there cars ,even that they are so far apart within the world ,lol.:thumbsup:

This is the other video with the lights underneath the seats & started the interior led lights in the upper section,it shows near the end of video,the trunk flashing lights are not on the car in this video .:thumbsup:

Attachments

#4 ·
Quick Question, the 2 individually controlled dome/map lights in the top center are not working for me. both light bulbs look to be in good shape, I also took them both out and replaced them with new bulbs. All the other lights and functions work. except those two bulbs..any ideas ? could it be a fuse ? if so, where is it located ?

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah same thing happened with mine ,you need to tighten them with a small pair of pliers , use pliers with a long neck ,this way you don't damage the edges of that holder ,make sure the light is turned on when you turn the pliers ,when it lights up ,let go & don't touch it anymore ,its a bit fiddly due to the small contacts up there .:thumbsup:

Very beautiful car, i like the purpleish/black light inside, very nice. I will do that soon but maybe with a unit that i can change colors that i want and intensity.

Its odd, your bulb out light comes on when you swapped to the license plate led. I did it and no bulb out issues at all. however i did turn off the car, then unscrew all 4 screws, unplug both connectors off each one, clean them, then installed leds and reconnected and turned on car, my number #9 fuse went out but i replaced it and works like a charm.

btw, whats that screen near your rear view mirror at 1:24 in the second video ? Ild love to see the setup of your car during the day, the in dash screen you installed and everything else. also your trunk setup lol anything installed where the phone dial pad was ? a full tour plz ! :D
Those are Crash cameras & motion detection side cams (crash cams) ,one for the front & two for the sides ,anyone that gets to close to the car with me not in it ,gets caught in the act , I enjoy it all the time when I review the recordings sometimes,lol.
No car should be on the road without a Crash Cam ,in court its gold evidence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.