Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Weight in the car - Cabin light goes on

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Merc-S600 
#1 ·
This is weird... I rarely have more than one or two other people in my car, but today I loaded it up with four passengers and myself.

The car drove fine, but the odd thing is that my cabin light came on and wouldn't turn off. When everyone got out and the weight was relieved, it shut off again. At first I thought a door was open, but I checked that too.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Sounds like that your car finally had a chance to show of it's leather interior to some people so it decided to leave the light on for them to see it /investigate it properly .
It's Aliiev've ,lol.:thumbsup:

It probably was just a stuck door button inbeteen the doors that controls the entry lights ,can happen.:wink

#5 · (Edited)
Open the door, look at the front of where the door crease is. It's on the body by the part that connects the door to the body. Can't miss it :)

This is what you're looking for, though you'll only see the stick part.

I'd test them by unplugging them all, then trying to get all 4 passengers in the car to see if the lights will come on again before buying any parts. If you unplug them, they consider the doors being closed and lights shouldn't turn on under any circumstance. If they do, you have a wiring issue somewhere.

#7 · (Edited)
NO ,to activate that circuit the button has to be press't fully up/out (door open) & to deactivate the lights off (door closed),the button is inside the plug .
When you squeeze the plug to pull it out ,it wiggles slowly out ,once you press the holder klipp on the sides of that plug ,behind it there are two wires ,one plus that has constant power on & the other is negative ,make sure they don't touch the chassis ,one can but the other cant touch.
I think that when one of your passengers closed the door he must have slammed it ,and the button didn't activate for some reason ,it made contact with the chassis ,usually its the rear once that go so start checking them 1st up .:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.