Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

trouble 97 s320 check engine light

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  V_BUZZ 
#1 ·
hi guys man im really struggling with this thing i need to get this thing smog checked by the 22 and i have 5 codes i cant clear before i do it. first let me tell you what i think caused the problem.
not too long ago i lost the belt and when it happend is when all this started i looked under the small black cover on the front of the motor and i noticed the vacuum lines were all unhooked then i saw a wire wrapped around the back of the idler pully and once i got it unwrapped i saw it was actually 2 wires so i figured out the vacuum line comes from the right side to the top of the air switch then out the side under the the cover to the actual valve on the top of the exhaust.

but the 2 wires i tried it both ways since there was no actual plug left on the wires i couldnt tell witch one went were.

and yet all these codes keep comming up here are the codes

p1453 air relay module

p1420 air switchover valve

p0446 evaporative emission system vent control circuit

p0443 evaporative emission system purge control circuit

p1525 rh adjustable camshaft timing soleniod

now i replaced the relay for the first code and im sure the hoses and wires being off of the switcher valve would fix that code.

but its not i keep getting the same codes over and over

my question is do you think that if the 2 wires had been shorting out against each other could it have done damage some were like a fuse or something like that ive hunted the internet for hrs looking for even a picture or wiring diagram and i havent been able to find one for that valve

id take it to a mechanic to fix it but im with out a job right now and i cant afford one at the moment.
can any help me with this problem ????

please

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.