Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How many Australian Benzworld Members are here & where ?

32K views 166 replies 37 participants last post by  DarrenG 
#1 · (Edited)
Simple question : If you are in Australia here on the Forum just Reply here with the city & which W140 you have.
Sometimes I come across some hidden parts and contact individual members with the need for these parts .
Members that wont reply ,chances are you miss out on hard to find parts in the future here in Australia .
Some members here already have there hard to find or to expensive to ship/post part because I know who they are & Where . :thumbsup:

I'm in Sydney \:crybaby2:/ 93-S600. \:eek:/

#15 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Joe , tell us more about you car ,1st W140 ? . Doing the drive at easter time should give everyone that likes to join enough time to adjust or fix there cars for a good long run ,I will think of something good to drive to ,Jervis bay way is probably to long and demanding due to its many turns . Suggestions are welcome from anyone .
=============================================================================================================
=============================================================================================================
Maybe we should drive straight through Sydney city & show everyone with there new cars ,what a real car looks like ,lol .
A good drive would be through Sydney-Harbour bridge - Mosman -Manly way and all around the other way Frenches forest coming back through Gladesville /Ryde back to were we started from ,basically a huge circle all around Sydney total driving time would be around 4-5 hours with stops etc expect all day ,takes more time to take the pictures then driving ,Howard knows all about pictures already for how long it takes to take them,lol . :thumbsup:

#12 · (Edited)
It's a bad weekend to drive around , rain ,double demerits, 2 of our w140's are of the road for a short time .like General Rommel's & Perko's plus I'm uberbusy with work ,I'm so busy since I got the car and have not stop't yet ,I don't even have the time to do any descent modifications to it , I cant move as I'm invited elsewere this long weekend on top of that (not that I want to go there ),even that I would love to drag along ,we should organize an Easter drive that leaves us good time to plan ahead ,how many member are coming & where we go ,it also gives members or participants more time to fix there cars if they need to .
Kiama way would be a good location to drive to .Set a date ,a deadline with time for meet up in the morning etc & that is it , plan the rute with restaurant etc ,forget the beachgirls as our 140's are better looking anyway so don't even go there ,lol . :thumbsup:

HOWARD : I got your message but forgot to reply to it .
Get more members to sign here so we know who to contact if they choose or would like to join us , I nearly stop't a good looking w140 this morning that was ahead of me in traffic , I don't think he is a member here (Brown metallic 140 in Rockdale area with rear lights completely black & big wheels as well ) any one know this one ? .

#13 ·
It's a bad weekend to drive around , rain ,double demerits, 2 of our w140's are of the road for a short time .like General Rommel's & Perko's plus I'm uberbusy with work ,I'm so busy since I got the car and have not stop't yet ,I don't even have the time to do any descent modifications to it , I cant move as I'm invited elsewere this long weekend on top of that (not that I want to go there ),even that I would love to drag along ,we should organize an Easter drive that leaves us good time to plan ahead ,how many member are coming & where we go ,it also gives members or participants more time to fix there cars if they need to .
Kiama way would be a good location to drive to .Set a date ,a deadline with time for meet up in the morning etc & that is it , plan the rute with restaurant etc ,forget the beachgirls as our 140's are better looking anyway so don't even go there ,lol . :thumbsup:

HOWARD : I got your message but forgot to reply to it .

Sounds good, Chris!

Let's do that.

#22 · (Edited)
Spotted this Van in front of me for the 1st time today, I didn't even knew it exsisted at all , good to know its' available when needed ,my wife said to me to writte down the number ,here is what I wrote down ,lol.
Here you go Sydney owner's . :thumbsup:

Attachments

#26 ·
#29 ·
No worries, this was the image I was referring to btw:

I only asked because of places like Carl's Jr. (as its called here on the west) is named Hardee's over in the east of the U.S. Just thought maybe Burger King renamed themselves for the Australian market or something along the lines of that.

#30 ·
You're right. When I first came to Australia 6 years ago, I thought the same. I was like "lol, isn't that Burger King?"

Apparently, what happened was:

"When Burger King moved to expand its operations into Australia, it found that its business name was already trademarked by a takeaway food shop in Adelaide.[1] As a result, Burger King provided the Australian franchisee, Jack Cowin, with a list of possible alternative names derived from pre-existing trademarks already registered by Burger King and its then corporate parent Pillsbury that could be used to name the Australian restaurants. Cowin selected the "Hungry Jack" brand name..." - Wikipedia lol.

#31 ·
Ahh, I see, thanks for clearing that up, HH-BenzW140. This happens a lot of times when a company is seeking to enter a new market but their name has already been registered. When Sega was going to release their Mega Drive console in the U.S in the late 80's, the name "Mega Drive" was already trademarked, so they changed the name to "Genesis" for the North American release.

#32 ·
Gday.

Located in Melbourne, I have an S420L I bought from a member on here.

Its been a bit of a nightmare, spent about $6,000 on her so far but Its a love hate relationship. Funnily enough, I've almost come to the end of spending big on the car but I'm thinking of moving on.

I have 2 W124s and a 202 at the moment, soon to have a 204 C class too.

I've bought a few parts from tlampre on here, oddly enough I wasn't aware he was on the forum, rather I responded to a gumtree advertisement I believe. I had to put two and two together afterwards :p

#33 ·
Where are all the W140's in Sydney?? In the short time I've had mine I've driven it up from Wollongong to Gosford and back, to Hornsby and back, up to Mona Vale and back, to Sydney CBD twice and back. Most days I drive the S280 around Wollongong and to Unanderra for work but I have not seen one other W140 on the road while driving mine.

There are at least 4 W140 (Beige 300se, Blue s420, Silver s320 and a Black s500, all look to be 1995 or earlier models) and one gold C140 with s600 badge I see on occasion around Wollongong but I have not seen one while driving mine.

#34 ·
They are around ,sometimes I see none for month while some other times I see 1 a day ,like this week ,actually one S320 overtook me a few days ago & I think he wanted to have a go with me as he was going pretty fast in traffic after he overtook me (I have it recorded on the onboard crash cam in the car ) , either he didn't see the S600 badge at the rear or the V12 badges ,well I let him go without any challenge from me ,only because I had a nice song on in the car I was listening to ,but I still said to my self ," wtf is he challenging me ",lol. :thumbsup:

#36 ·
Yet another trip to Hornsby and back with no sightings, do people do their daily commute in these beasts or just use them on special occasions?

I know they use a bit more fuel but that's a cheap price to pay for extra safety.

#38 ·
Two types I see are old people running them into the ground, and old people that use and maintain it just like any other car.

I feel bad for the typical family crammed in a Commodore or Falcon as I overtake them cruising along on the freeway all by myself, such a waste of comfortable space in the W140 hahaha.

#39 ·
Both of you are forgetting the 3rd w140 owner which is the one that wants a Mercedes , a big one ,an S class with all the comfort luxury that an ordinary car like commodore or falcon etc don't have ,cant afford a late model S class ,in comes the w140 until it brakes down ,engine harness ,wups ,of to another car ending with w140 is crap car shit car etc etc ,at least he enjoyed a short luxurious driving experience, it is people like that where the w140 gets a bad reputation around ,no maintenance done resulting in brake downs anytime .
In my point of view the W140 should still now have a value of a descent amount ,so only wealthy people that look for a car like that can buy it & afford the maintenance on it when required .
Some W220's here are already cheaper then the W140 ,that's a good sign . :thumbsup:

I WILL BE OFFLINE FOR THE NEXT 3-4 DAYS ,BEHAVE ,LOL. :thumbsup:

#40 ·
A couple of years ago there was a debadged black W140 getting around driven by a guy in his late 20's or 30's. I saw it twice in the space of a couple of months and never saw it again. He might have been an owner type 3.

Any maintenance my lowly S280 needs is still better than depreciation on some newer POS, but I guess I'm preaching to the converted here haha.

#41 ·
I just saw a white late model (but I couldn't read the number on back) a few mins ago driven by an old lady however I wasn't driving mine. It had a couple of small fender benders but it still looked good!

#43 · (Edited)
I saw it in Wollongong waiting at lights turning onto the old Princess Hwy.

I did notice not many '96 and later facelift cars seem to show up for sale, which is why I jumped on mine even though I bought it with no reverse and some other much more minor issues.

#46 · (Edited)
An Event at Eastern Creek raceway is coming up next weekend ,Ferrari Challenge & F1 + extras . You find me in the Pits or on top of it ,how to recognize me ,my dress belt is a gold Mercedes logo belt ,not easy to miss.
Rich Org,i invite you for free. :thumbsup:

Ferrari Racing Days Sydney | April 11-13 2014

Schedule PDF for the 2 days except Friday session below.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.