Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: Black 1994 W140 s320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy HELP SOS 30 days left for me to make ugly accident

HI,
please any one can tell me what to do about my brakes its making that loud squeak noise I'm really confused about what kind of rotors i should install for my lovely 1994 s320 ,i really don't have much money i lost my job due to my wife sickness , i find 75$ each MB genuine rotors for w140 on ebay but couldn't pay for it ,any ideas what brand of rotors and pads i should go with it ,please keep it simple when you answer because I'm kind of loosing my mind

thank you every one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2008
75 bucks each isnt too bad. akebonos seem to be the way to go. check amazon for those, as i got mine on there for cheap. fronts and rears for 75 bucks.

as for the squeak, its mostly dust. mine squeak badly (havent changed mine yet) but the car stops just fine. so if anything, if its stopping ok, then hold off a bit until you can afford it. save that money for when something critical fails. squeaking is not failure at this time. mine have been squealing for 9 months!

COMMANDMENT 11, THOU SHALT NOT LET THY MERCEDES BE DIRTY.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1989 190e 2.6 1993 500sel (sold) 1995 S500 coupe (sold) 1994 S500 blk/blk
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakwater View Post
HI,
please any one can tell me what to do about my brakes its making that loud squeak noise I'm really confused about what kind of rotors i should install for my lovely 1994 s320 ,i really don't have much money i lost my job due to my wife sickness , i find 75$ each MB genuine rotors for w140 on ebay but couldn't pay for it ,any ideas what brand of rotors and pads i should go with it ,please keep it simple when you answer because I'm kind of loosing my mind

thank you every one
Mr. Blakwater...has it been confirmed that your rotors and pads are shot?
If not, your anxiety, while understood, is unnecessary.

Buy a can of brake cleaner, spray it liberally into and on the pads and rotors and go for a drive. See what happens. If this doesn't work ask your doctor for a few milligrams of Xanax to medicate your anxiety.

Just my 2 centavos of advice.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: C140 M119
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Well said DCA.

Failing Xanax - get some Theanine from iherb.com - perfectly natural, chills you right out. (Green tea extract)

:-)
#5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 93 500SEL DOA - PARTING OUT, 08 CLK350 Cab -DOA, '05 CLK500 Cab (hers), '10 Razor Elec Scooter (his)
Location: Northern California's Great Central Valley - Meth Capital of USA
First thing you need to do is measure and determine if your pads and rotors are within spec.

If the rotors are shot, to save money, you could see if there's enough metal to cut your rotors rather than replace. I have never cut MB rotors, but if a shave would leave it within spec, I don't see why you couldn't.

If the pads are shot, look around for some online vendors and see what kind of deal you could get there. They aren't too bad.

If rotors and pads are both within spec and you are only dealing with squealling,, you should just take everything apart, clean it all up with liberal application of brake parts cleaner, and reassemble using generous amounts of the MB anti squeal paste (or equivalent) on the backs of the pads.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 12:14 AM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry View Post
75 bucks each isnt too bad. akebonos seem to be the way to go. check amazon for those, as i got mine on there for cheap. fronts and rears for 75 bucks.

as for the squeak, its mostly dust. mine squeak badly (havent changed mine yet) but the car stops just fine. so if anything, if its stopping ok, then hold off a bit until you can afford it. save that money for when something critical fails. squeaking is not failure at this time. mine have been squealing for 9 months!
thank you for your lightning fast answer ,did you get every thing for 75$.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 AM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Talking Thank you Dr. atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharlesatlas View Post
Mr. Blakwater...has it been confirmed that your rotors and pads are shot?
If not, your anxiety, while understood, is unnecessary.

Buy a can of brake cleaner, spray it liberally into and on the pads and rotors and go for a drive. See what happens. If this doesn't work ask your doctor for a few milligrams of Xanax to medicate your anxiety.

Just my 2 centavos of advice.
Thank you Dr. The brakes are shot, any good brands other than mb .
is brembo good brand for mb .

as for medication my dr. is trying to fix me she is also friend of mine we worked together in iraq , here is what im taking for more than year now since i came back from iraq
1- alprazolam
2-sertrraline
3-fenofibrate to protect me from heart attack
4-niaspan
5-levothyroxine 88mg for thyroid disorder stoped working 4 years ago in iraq
6-zolpidem to make go to sleep as i can not sleep some times for a days

i take all this before bed time but not the levothyroxine 88mg its should be in the morning in order to be effective. i drink green tea and black tea every day
i cook healthy food every day as of my wife became disabled so i do cooking .

W140 has nothing to do with all this its me i had to leave my job because i have to take care of my family .im 32 years old and i feel the most thing i ever loved in my life is W140 ,by they way most of the PSD missions i did in iraq was in armor w140 v12 . i will put some videos on youtube soon .

Last edited by blakwater; 04-21-2012 at 01:33 AM.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: Merc 93 W140 S600 / Merc-05-413CDI-Sprinter Turbo / 07-A170-Classic / Holden Rodeo RA 3.5L V6 <
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What's already been ,mentioned plus this :

The Squeeking comes from pads that dont have the Pad grease behind them or has worn off .
All you really need to do take the pads out and ad the grease behind the pad ,done , if you need new disc's & pads do it and dont forget to add the brakepad grease,the dealer or where ever you buy the pads from should give you one little satchel,they only need a little bit and it is that little bit that is important ,every one seams to overlook this little detail yet so important .
The 1st time ever that i changed my front pads all was good & silence for a while but then the Squeeking started , after that i spoke to several mechanics & they all mentioned this brakepad grease does that if it is not on , since i took the advise i dont have the Squeeks anymore ,for years now . I stick to MB pads .
Dont ask me why they squeek without this grease but they just do if it isnt there .

BTW: Be carefull when you take brake pads of ,some pads have some asbestos in them ,dont breath the dust in when you take them off ,i know they stopt doing them but you never know . ( just to mention it )

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Driving a W140 & everything else feels like is standing still . - Merc S-600 = Chris

Like to see more of my S600 ----- ALL AUSTRALIAN W140 OWNERS ,CLICK ME:

Last edited by Merc-S600; 04-21-2012 at 01:43 AM.
#9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: Merc 93 W140 S600 / Merc-05-413CDI-Sprinter Turbo / 07-A170-Classic / Holden Rodeo RA 3.5L V6 <
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Lets see how we can save you some moneyyyyyy here .....
If you only have the Squeeks you dont need new rotors ,there are 2 ways , add the grease & see if that works ,Option 2 , take the pads out and take them to a mechanic that has a wide belt sander unless you have that ,just take a fine smooth layer off . My Guess is that you when you drive , you must be constantly on the brakes and heating them up to much ( it dosnt surprise me in a w140 ) ,that creates glazing of the pad ,shave the 1st thin layer of & you good to go again ,Total cost should be zero if you do it all your self .
If your car on braking shakes slightly or is braking in steps sort of way ,then you need new rotors , if it does , they are slightly buckled form driving with hot brakes in water over time or washing the car straight after you driven it and poor cold water onto the wheels ,damaging the rotors ,not many know this .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Driving a W140 & everything else feels like is standing still . - Merc S-600 = Chris

Like to see more of my S600 ----- ALL AUSTRALIAN W140 OWNERS ,CLICK ME:

Last edited by Merc-S600; 04-21-2012 at 02:16 AM.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: RAUCH 93 300 SE Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokiesman
Hey Merc!!! Thanks for the tip on the sander for glazed pads!!!And thanks for trying to help the man out!! Sounds like he needs all the help we can give him. It looks to me like he gave alot for us!!

Smokie

RAUCH " Smoke" 93 300 SE
Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML 320
Bigred 2 2001 F350 Powerstroke
Dually Banks Power
Chipped DP Tuner

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W140 S-Class