Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help with soft-close latch

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
can somebody show me how a softclose latch look so I could compare it to my latch that is not equiped with softclose.
I'm trying to understand what parts do I need apart from vacuum pump and hoses to fit this to my car.

#2 ·
Assuming the wiring is already in place then this is the complete door assist system;

Attachments

#3 ·
Quite a large parts list though and I am not sure if you will have to change the door locks.

Attachments

#4 ·
Before I saw your schematics I thought this system is more simple...how can I find what all those numbers mean, part name and numbers...difference between facelift models and 91-94. If I were in USA it would be easier to buy another S-class but in Moldova it is harf to find a good one and it cost from 12.000euro a good one. I am very pleased with mine, but I think an S-class should be equiped with softclose....unfortunately mine is not.

#5 ·
If you do not have access to a good supply of second hand parts, then forget it. It cost more than the car is worth to retrofit with new. You need to find a donor car and strip all the parts from it.

#7 ·
Considering you are in Moldova and this is an American forum, also I am in China, just how do you expect me to answer this question:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.