Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Blower not working help pls

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  drcane 
#1 ·
Hi people im new here as you can see.
But i have a problem im hoping someone can help me with.
I have a 1996 S500 Coupe and i was trying to remove a coil and replace it, and what i did was take this thing off with the hoses

while i change the coil the car ran for about a half hour without this. i dont even know what it is or its importance. but after i changed the coil and hooked this back up. My air completely shut off. now i have no air, heat, or defrost. i dont know how to check for errors, and i dont have $125.00 at the moment to give the dealer to jus diagnose this...any help would be appreciated thanx in advance

See less See more
#4 ·
would you be able to help me withe r where they are or which ones to check...i like to do it myself but idk where to start at all[/QUOTE

Ive had my w140 4 weeks so im not 100% sure would check under the plastic covers on the LHS of the engine bay, there should be a legend under there to tell you whats what and where it is

#8 ·
Sounds like the blower or blower regulator quit. The fact that it did it after replacing the ignition coil is coincidence (I take it you had the key off while replacing the coil?). You can try try tapping on the motor with the key on or with the rest button pushed. It might come on. The blower is under the large cover towards the firewall, just forward of the windshield wipers. Take the cabin filter out and there it is. Be careful, as chuckindetroit mentioned, it has power to it all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.