Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need Help with the MANIFOLD Section of the PSE Pump

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MafiaDON 
#1 ·
Greets.

It looks as if I'm having the same problem that MafiaDon had a while back. Since no one specifically addressed his issue... I thought I would give it a go...

While trying to figure out my Trunk Close Assist and Handle Retract (Two SEPARATE systems!), I have narrowed the Handle non-retract back to the PSE pump.

I have run the Pump, and it gives tremendous Pressure, and a Strong Vacuum....

So, I dismantled everything, and have hooked a Tester to the Nipple where the PUMP normally connects to...

Of course, I have plugged all of the "Output" nipples.

When I apply PRESSURE, I hear a "Diaphragm-Like" Click, then quickly loses pressure, followed by a similar "Diaphragm" sound at around 50 millibars (both directions).

I believe I hear the noise from Valve Thing-y on the last photo. The "Piston" does move slightly outward with Pressure, but quickly retracts.

I have checked all of the big black "J" Shaped Hoses "look" fine. I would rather not yank them off, and risk damaging one.

I can hear NO "Hiss" or other sign of a leak.

Any suggestions??

Is there actually a "Manifold" running within the "Base" (ie. where the Pump Line attaches to the PSE). Can this leak? Do you think it could be one of the Black Hoses?

Uffff, I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the whole deal....

Thanks for any input.

G

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Exactly same issue as on my pump. Still have that issue by the way comrade. I just plugged the PSE back into the car so the alarm would work. Motor I just disconnected..

I will replace the whole motor, (I have a spare one from a SLK) but I doubt it is the real problem here..

Does your central locking work? Or does it just lock all the time and not unlock?

I really hope that somehow we can figure this one out, because it has been racking my brains the past few months..

I also narrowed it down to that "valve grid" but then again what if something went wrong on the circuit board? I think you would have better knowledge on how to diagnose it further, because I have pretty much hit a dead end with this one comrade..

Much respect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.