Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Any experience with aftermarket window replacements?

626 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TexaS3201993 
#1 ·
I'm needing to replace a window in my car. I've found an aftermarket on eBay for roughly $80. I've found used windows for $150+. I know the upside to the used ones is that there shouldn't be any quality or fitment issues but if I can get a reasonable aftermarket for half the money then I'd certainly like to save the extra cash for other things for my ride. Anyone have an experience with the aftermarkets?

#2 ·
If it's not one through which you need good visibility, you can consider it. I've used aftermarket glass for side windows (on other cars) but invariably there have been small areas of ripples/distortion. Fitment was fine.

I'd never consider it for a windshield, though.

Good luck.

#3 ·
I did not think there even was "after-market" or "non-original" replacement windows for the W140..

I can get any window locally from the breakers for only $100.. Fits perfect and lasts a lifetime!

I personally would rather put a used OEM window, than an new non-orginal window for the W140.. I would not trust the build quality of the aftermarket one. If the silicone is not sealed properly, you could get moisture build up between the glass..

Just my 2 cents.. Have you asked eddie?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.