Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

LAST STOP! RHD Parts Thread - MafiaDON (South Africa).

792 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BLK95_CL500 
#1 · (Edited)
LAST STOP! RHD W140 Parts Thread - MafiaDON (South Africa).

Hey comrades..

Got my Paypal sorted, and can start international trading.

Before you ask me for anything, YOU HAVE TO ask Eddie first on the following thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1389400-eddie-parts-thread-ex-1994-s.html

Eddie`s prices, efficiency and reliability is un-rivaled! So what ever parts you need, please ask him first. :bowdown:

If he does not have the item you are hunting for, ONLY THEN drop me an email / PM / or reply on this thread. :thumbsup:

Your parts will be much easier to find if you have a part number and / or picture of the actual part. (to avoid any confusion.)

My donor vehicles are ALL Right Hand Drive (RHD), so if there is any RHD specific W140 parts you need, I can get them for you. LWB and SWB.

(Sorry guys, NO coupe parts yet.. But anytime a coupe comes in the yard I will let you know.)

Please also note that I am based in South Africa, so shipping prices will always vary depending on the buyers location.

Most parts I do not keep in stock, but I visit my sources weekly and can find ALMOST anything you may need for your S-Class.

Honestly I do not set the prices, so certain items may be more pricier than others.

All prices will be made available before any commitments or payments are made.

I will gladly help out my Benzword comrades. Since many W140 parts (especially RHD) are hard to find, that is why I started this thread..

Much respect to everyone that owns a W140!!!! Drop me an email anytime for an obligation-free quote on ANY parts you are desperately seeking :cool:

My email address is:

dcinfo@mail.ru

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yeh comrade...

S600 parts are rare as it is, and to be honest I have not even seen an S600 at ANY local breakers.

Also a major factor is that most breakers sell entire seat complete, sometimes even all four seats (with headrests) as a set. I guess they make much more money this way.
(I did try to get some W220 S600 headrests for my W140, but they refused to sell them separate lol..)

Though I will keep you in mind comrade, if I come across this item I will let you know via email / PM. Just dont count on me for this one my friend, keep the hunt going..

Have you tried the Leather Restore route? I have seen some good results, and might get all of my seats restored when I have some finances set aside for it.. To re-leather will cost, and to find the replacement piece is proving harder than to find an S600 in mint condition.. I still would recommend you try that route.. If the company that does it messes it up, they can re-leather the entire seat for you at their expense ;)

All the best, much respect.. :thumbsup:

#4 · (Edited)
I gotta tell ya buddy, those wood handles you got recently have been on my mind now every time I sit in my coupe.

I would love to have some, if you find another set (even just 2) please let me know what they will cost.

Thanks!

Edit: Do they make them black or a dark grey w/ wood? I dont remember what color yours are.. well no matter the color, I can always change the color but as long as the wood matches that would be excellent

#5 ·
Lol, I hear you my brother..

Yeh I'm VERY happy with how that upgrade came out..

Though I do have to warn you that they are not a direct fit. You have to modify the bases of the handles and make small brackets for them to be installed solidly.

You will also need at least two "SRS Airbag" clips. Those can be found on the same car. They are needed to plug up one hole of where the W140 used to be fitted.

I will keep my eyes open for another W220 S600 to be pulled into the yard. If it has the same handles, I'll let you know asap!

The part number is: A 220 810 07 51..
If you ever at the stealership maybe get a quote in the meantime.. All four handles are the same.

My ones match my interior perfectly. They are light beige, with Burlwood. :D a VERY UNIQUE mod, I have never seen it on any other W140!

All the best comrade!

#6 ·
Thanks buddy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.