Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1st Authentic Junction Produce Mercedes Benz W140 in the States(Build Thread & Pics)!

53K views 97 replies 40 participants last post by  LEXveryG8 
#1 ·
1st Authentic Junction Produce Mercedes Benz W140 in the States(Build Thread & Pics)!

Hi guys, I have never really posted on benzworld and have always been lurking. I have built this vip styled w140 with my bro(also on benzworld I think his sn is davidsong77) since day 1. I thought I create a thread to kind of introduce myself. This will probably be a sort of build thread to current status look. As the car progresses I will update the thread as much as possible. Right now these are some photos from day one to the day of the show on July 18, 2010. I took too much photos that I have to sort them out. I'll update them when I get the chance to. The car is not done yet, but we thought we should show it in support of a local show called NOS Forum Fest, in which we won two trophies for this car. And in total our team took home four trophies in total. I know most of you will probably say go lower. lol...We're working on it right now, to get it where we want, as of now it is lowered for a normal daily height.

I also want to take this chance to thank Junction Produce, for such a incredible kit, and all the interior VIP accessories, they are great! Also want to thank the body shop that did a stunning job on the work.

Here we go fellas :

This is when we got it for like the first week we changed the grille, euro headlights, euro corners, and tint.

The front bumper:

Rear bumper:

Some of the stuff waiting to be put on the car:

This was taken when we drop the car off at the body shop. We took about a week and a half to detail the exterior of the car. To get this shine on the car. Oh yea also changed out to euro light smoke LED tail lights.

These photos were actually taken by the body shop, so thanks to them for some these photos:

Test Fits:

The finished progress at the shop( these are when it's not lowered much yet):

See less See more
#75 ·
nice. I am not really into the extended exhaust tips but i do admit those tips would look nice, if you don't mind sharing some specs on them, i wouldn't mind it if it was about 5" in total not that long (i am doing a q45 f50 chassis for my friend and he was looking for similar style tips) here is the interesting part he wants to go for a vip look, and i have to admit your car is on the top of his list(he showed me pics of your w140 on some other vip site :) )

#81 ·
Dumbest thread on the entire forum. What is this crap? How can anyone look at this and think its anything but tacky and absurd?

I don't have anything against body kits or tasteful upgrades, but this is beyond horrible. Why is the car so low? What's with all the camber? Why did you destroy the interior? What purpose does any of this serve? Why do you people have such awful taste? Do you realize how incredibly obnoxious this stuff looks?

Also, you have to be kidding with that whole 'Executive Auto Society' schtick. I mean, that's ironic right? Because as irony it works on several levels, but if its sincere then it may be time to reevaluate your life choices.

Anyway, congratulations on being an idiot and ruining a perfectly good car.

#83 · (Edited)
Fucking Gangster! Please share more often.

hella hate these days... your right thom 7... its absurd... kinda the point dude.

ITS A WEST COAST THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. Enjoy your 420... Please refrain from name calling.
FU@%ING GHETTO FABULOUS!!! ("Fabulous" is used sarcastically...)

Unfortunately, it's not a WEST COAST THING...and you're right, I don't understand. Look at the crap they turned out at Unique Autosports. And Lorinser and Brabus. As I've said, bad taste knows no financial or racial (or geographical) boundries.:shit not:

#84 ·
I'm not taking any side, but @Thom 7 - I think that was pretty rude the way you questioned about the OP's vehicle. For the past (I think 5 years?) teens been getting into this culture where they 'slam' (drop) their cars, as in their opinion- it makes it look nice. (From what I've heard), they started doing this because they saw how race cars and drift cars are low and started to do it on their street cars.. (THAT IS ONLY FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD) but I sometimes agree with you when teens 'slam/stance/dump' their vehicle when they act like it added 100hp with their 'rice cannons' (eBay exhausts). That was just my personal opinion because I was raised with making a vehicle faster BEFORE working on the exterior.

As for the Executive Auto Society- it's just a group.. As a personal preference, I would always drive an "Executive" vehicle wearing a suit and tie.

By the way, nice Ferrari. I love hearing Wayne Carini speaking about old Porsches and Ferraris.

#85 ·
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, I'm okay with people not able to accept this type of style. In my opinion, we believe we saved this car from being trashed to the junk yard. The w140s are no longer being cherished as they used to be, these car are worth less nowadays and people buy them to use it for the heck of it. Our car is a garage queen and show car. It was refinished inside and out. All the mechanics and every single detail of the car was changed to a new part. All the mechanic parts are used with factory OEM Mercedes Benz Daimler parts. No aftermarket. The only aftermarket parts were put on there were strictly for show purposes and can always be removed since we have all the original part. The paint of the car other than the body are all still original paint. We spent so much time and money to restore a perfectly beautiful vehicle, but it's definitely not everyone's taste. But in our own very way we perserved the essence of the w140. Every single bit of the vehicle was done without no modification to vehicle that includes no holes drilled and no new paint work is done to anything that is original. We didn't plan to hack up the vehicle and ruin such a nice car. The car receives so much attention and treatment just like any other car collectors and car enthusiasts would do.

Also the suspension was redone to air suspension since the old suspension was completely out of shape. This can be changed back anytime. In my humble opinion I believe all cars nowadays should have the opportunity to have air suspension for the convenience of clearing speed bumps or uneasy roads.

Lowering cars and modifying the car does not constitute the actions of the sole owners to be negligent upon their behaviors whether in society or on the road in traffic.

Executive Auto Society is car community formed to changed the perspectives of people in the way that they see car enthusiasts who drive nice cars and/or modified vehicles. We formed this car community to express people our maturity and our class that although we are very grateful for being able to own so many cars or have the money to be around cars, we wanted to contribute back to society also. Every year we hold a charity event that we fundraise money and 100% of the proceeds go to either the chidren hospital for children who cannot afford healthcare. Or for the matter anywhere people desperately needs care for and has receive less attention.

Yes Thom 7 I may very well agree with you if I didn't understand the situation and scenarios of these types of car scenes. But to each and it's own, since we're entitled to our opinions and expressions. Maybe others modified the vehicle in a way that might have changed your perspective, but I have seen those kinds of people. Thats why we try to so hard for people to understand, we are not like everyone else. We don't ruin cars, we don't go street racing, we don't do illegitimate things. We our mature class of car enthusiasts just like you, we are no different. Our styles and expressions maybe different but that doesn't make us terrible like others you have seen.

This is just my two cents, and my humble opinions. Hope you guys understand our perspectives and the time and effort we spent on this vehicle.

#86 ·
I just happened to stumble upon this thread; I will simply say that even if I don't necessarily like the style of a car and it is not done to my (possibly peculiar) tastes, I have a great deal of respect for well-crafted engineering, workmanship, and finish. The cars here seem to exhibit this. Many of these cars in this thread are obviously not what we call around here "goober speedy cars", which are generally spray-canned 90's Hondas with tires/rims sticking out 4" on all sides and a 3" tailpipe on a stainless fart can, which lets all 46 horsepower from the three remaining operational cylinders flow freely.

There is plenty of room in this hobby for many tastes. And getting younger people interested in mechanical things is inherently a Good Thing.

#89 ·
Thank you for understanding in the work on the vehicle! :) There's still more room for improvement on this car, more will be done soon.

car looks great with the air ride and new rims, im in love with it. lol
Thank you so much! :D

I admire the workmanship that went into making this car, I personally would not be able to get a kit and go through fitting it (its not a cheap job to do). Love the air suspension and I know for a fact that its worth atleast $5000 for air suspension parts and the overall feel of the car changes (you can control height and it makes the car feel way smoother).

Just a question, how does the body kit hold up(since its fiberglass). Just wondering because I am getting a Lorinser bumper molded and remade (I don't mind the fitting work because its a copy of an authentic bumper) I know its not a high end quality kit like this junction produce kit but I will have a mold waiting for me. BTW my cousin sees your car very often and always mentions it too me(Seattle/renton area).
Yes, this particular air suspension setup is over 10,000 dollars just for the parts. It is by far one of our favorite choice for air suspension. You can also adjust the dampening so it's not like how most people think that it drives like a wobbly boat.

The body kit held up great, we even clear bra'd the whole front end including side mirrors and side door caps and skirts. So no rock chips. As long as you don't scrape your bumper on speed bumps or uneven roads it holds up great. If your planning on getting a replication of the Lorinser bumper please be award of the material they use, that could be a huge determining factor whether it will be good quality or not.

Really? What does your cousin drive? Wonder if I have seen him around...And thank you for your compliments! :D

#88 ·
I admire the workmanship that went into making this car, I personally would not be able to get a kit and go through fitting it (its not a cheap job to do). Love the air suspension and I know for a fact that its worth atleast $5000 for air suspension parts and the overall feel of the car changes (you can control height and it makes the car feel way smoother).

Just a question, how does the body kit hold up(since its fiberglass). Just wondering because I am getting a Lorinser bumper molded and remade (I don't mind the fitting work because its a copy of an authentic bumper) I know its not a high end quality kit like this junction produce kit but I will have a mold waiting for me. BTW my cousin sees your car very often and always mentions it too me(Seattle/renton area).

#96 ·
Thank you everyone for the compliments and comments!!! :)

Also the carlsson are 20 inch chrome wheels. I have to recheck the specs again, and because I was lowered by a lot I had to run spacers if you were lowered on springs you would sit very flush to the fender line.

By the way, the carlsson wheels are for sale now. I have too many sets of wheels for this car. More than 6 sets, hahaha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.