Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1999 Mercedes_Benz S500 Grand Edition for sale

21K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  600 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let the 140 community know that I will be selling our 1999 S500 Grand Edition shortly. The car has 97,000 miles on it and is in very nice condition. The Grand Edition was a special run of 140s at the end of the production cycle of the 140 body cars. The Grands were equipped with special black maple wood trim, lighted thresholds, AMG wheels, special paint and leather. I will be taking photos of our car in the next couple of days, so stay tuned. The car has an "R" title because it was stolen at one point and had the console harmed. It was replaced with the proper Grand Edition console. The only issues with the car are that the power door locks do not work (you have the lock the doors manually), and the trunk self-closing mechanism does not operate, thus you have to close it manually as well. The car runs great. AC is ice cold. I will sell the car for $12,000.

Thanks for looking! The car is in Reading, PA.

#3 ·
Stryker,

The reason I am going to sell the Grand Edition is because I now have two 1997 S600s. I have always been a 600 fan and found the second S600 recently in exactly the same color as the first one. All three are great cars, but I have to sell one of them and I juse personally prefer the 12 cylinder examples.

Stu

#8 ·
Smooth beast. touring pleasure right there. If i could, i would buy it... good luck with the sale.. hope u find her a new home and a good owner... not some kids first car.

#9 ·
Original Wheels?

Certainly your GE is a fine looking car.

I have a question about the wheels. While I recognize that they are AMG wheels, they seem to be a different version than I have on my GE and different from those in the factory promo picture of the GE.

While it may well be that this is just a factory variation, I just have never seem that version of the AMG wheel on a GE.

To the best of your knowledge, are those original factory wheels installed on the Grand Edition?

Factory Promo Picture:

My Grand Edition:

Your Grand Edition:

Telechronos:):):)

1999 S500 Grand Edition
1984 380SL
1955 MG TF1500
1969 Factory Stick, Factory Tri-power Pontiac Grand Prix SJ

#10 ·
I am not certain whether the AMGs on my G.E. are just a variation the factory put on or a previous owner may have placed on the car. Mine are 18"s which is what the specs listed for the car, but I can't attest to their originality on the car.

#20 ·
Due for an oil change!

I notice in one of the pics that you are 200 miles overdue on an oil change.
Also the mileage does not show. If you let the car run it will disappear and the odometer will. I obviously have the voice of experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.