Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W140 Wheels/Rims & Tires Fitment

661K views 1K replies 228 participants last post by  z168 
#1 · (Edited)
Since there are a lot of questions regarding wheel and tire fitment, lets start a thread. Please put in your own experience of have at least seen it done through someone you know. Do not post speculative info. Please only put info you are sure will fit

Please post:
1. Wheel Specs - size, width, offset
2. Tire Specs - (e.g. 245/40R19 front, 275/35R19 rear)
3. other pertinent info (e.g. car was dropped, spacers were used, lugbolts replaced, modified LCAs, etc) and more importantly
4. Pics - doesn't have to be your car, could be someone else's

Please keep personal discussions to a minimum. This will help other people get to the info they need faster. We can make this a sticky later on. But for now its in the knowledge base (see 1st post)

Added:
Wheel and Tire calculator - Thanks to Joe-Trojan

#78 ·
I have a 1995 S500 coupe with 8X16 rims at the back and I want o buy snow tires for the coupe but the owners manuals says not o put snows or tire chains on the 8X16 8hole wheels. this doesn't sound right as the front and rear tires are the same size just the rims are different/
Doug Dees

#83 ·
We have 5x112. and all models (at least for the last 40years) have the same hub bore as well.

you can fit 5x114, but you will need wobble bolts. and I dont think thats a very good idea on our heavy cars...

#86 ·
What about these Wheels from Wald or Waldo ,18's .anyone has them fitted ?
Ciao :thumbsup:

Attachments

#91 ·
thanks i was thinking it would have cost the same price as painting my monoblocks. since mine are flaking(repainted in the past). i mind as well get some new rims since they wanted $1000 to repaint. the tires i have are pirelli p zero m+s in 255/45R18 and 275/40R18 i need to find some new rims that can fit with that tire size. do you know which offset would be good with my choose of tires size? thanks for any help

#92 ·
the thing is i spent about 700 on the pirelli tires and i am looking for rims that would fit on my w140 with my tire specs. i bought tires for my car since its my current size and i originally wanted to repaint my rims but now that shop wants $1000 to repaint(i paid that guy $300 a year ago to do that and it turned out horrible since it only lasted a year)

#95 ·
19" Lorinser for W140

I was wondering if 19x9 Lorinser RSK3 wheels will fit on a 1998 CL500 coupe? The offset on these wheels is +38 all around. The car previously had 18x8.5 inch Gianelle's on it that were a +35 offset. Any input/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:

#96 ·
I was wondering if 19x9 Lorinser RSK3 wheels will fit on a 1998 CL500 coupe? The offset on these wheels is +38 all around. The car previously had 18x8.5 inch Gianelle's on it that were a +35 offset. Any input/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:
did the 18x8.5 fit +35 good on the w140? i am thinking of getting some for mine on that size.

#104 · (Edited)
So I have just purchased a W140 and I have a set of W210 monoblock rims. Lets not talk about the offset first I know they are 35mm. But the lug size the W210 one should be 12mm and the W140 takes 14mm. I tried to read everywhere but seems can't find a confirmed answer for that if these W210 rims will fit on the W140 with custom bolts. Some say they make bolts like that to convert but some say the wheels will simply not take any 14mm bolts because the hole on the W210 wheel is just for 12mm, but some say the holes on the W210 rims are actually bigger then 12mm and some say the bolt shaft is all the same is just the bolt seat size is different. I am very very confused and again other then the offset talk, will the W210 rims fit onto a W140 (lug size wise) with some kind of aftermarket bolts or it will not simply take it? btw I am not going to drill the holes of the W210 wheels. Thanks!!

#106 ·
Will I be able to fit the rims them back on the W210 with another set of bolts after drilled? Also anywhere I can find people to drill in Toronto Canada if anyone will know lol thanks!