Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

EDDIE A's Parts Thread (ex; 1994 S 500 pahts cah in Boston)

265K views 2K replies 192 participants last post by  eddie a 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just bought to paht out...Silvawith Gray interioa..135,000 miles lots of nice pahts pm or email me at alberini69@hotmail.com for a quote.....Thanks, Ed A

#5 ·
Just got a corner light socket from him, love this guy :)

#16 ·
Part came in while I was out, works great and was packed adequately, pricing is very reasonable :)

Turns out my wire is busted though =/

#18 ·
Ok I have a question would L.E.D tail lights be to retarded looking? I have wanted new tail lights because the previous owner backed into another car and ordered the wrong tail light for the wrong year so now the colors are completly off! Should I get the regular late 90s' tails or pay more and get L.E.Ds!

#19 ·
Eddie - Seat control panel and clips arrived today. A little different setup than my '98 but I was able to carefully remove the clip and transfer it to my original control panel. The clips came off without stress or damage as I cut away part of the post they were mounted on. The post is very soft plastic and I removed the interfering portion so the clip came off without having to deform at all. Panels are back in the car - very successful all around!

I was also able to order the air filter box clips from the local dealer so now we're all clipped up - back to normal.

Thanks for your help and great service!

Duncan

#21 ·
Eddie,

It's a subtle difference in the way the clip posts are attached to the back of the panel. The one that you sent had the posts as part of a piece of plastic that is removable from the panel (with screws) and in my model the posts were simply glued on the back of the panel. Same post shape and size just different methods of attaching to the panel. I was able to remove the clips from your panel and put them on my panel so it all worked fine.

Duncan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.