Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Getting Codes P0300 and P0307

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bayhas 
#1 ·
Got these codes this morning after start-up. Car running very rough w/ vibrations. Seems most likely cause is a faulty #7 cylinder coil. Will it do any damage to this car if I drive it for two days like this? The local MB guys dont have the part so I was going to overnight it, but unfortunately do not have an alternative vehicle.

Dont know if it is related, but last week I threw code P0455, which I feel is a problem with the Char. Canister Check valve. Any thoughts on if it could be related?

Man, this W140 is killing me. Had the car for one month and I am already a grand in the whole on parts and labor (had to have indi shop push in lower control arm bushings).

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
you should be fine. easy with the throttle for the next couple of days...

#4 ·
I read from an E420 owner than he was getting a cylinder misfire and p0455 code (evap leak) and it was caused by a problem in his fuel rail?

Any thoughts on this? Anything I should check?

#6 ·
if i remember correctly, this code means you need a new gas cap.

msifire caused by a global fuel device such as pump, flter, fuel rail, line etc etc usually causes an random misfire, not a misfire in one cylender.

misifre in ONE specific cylender is usually caused by one of the following: wire, spark plug, compression rings, piston, coil (in newer model), or fuel injector. aka components specific to that cylender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.