Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sunroof Broken - Any Solutions?

791 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  barry putnam 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I've not been here in some time and I must say that its nice to know that I'm in good company.

Well, its finally happened. While in Atlanta a few weeks ago, I heard a nasty crack-like sound as I operated the sunroof. It was just begining to rain and I thought that I was going to close the top... silly rabbit...

The top stopped moving at the halfway point and I had to pull over and see what was going on. Long story short, I now have a top that isn't flush with the roof line. It won'd budge at all but I don't expect it to leak (and I almost don't mind the look) but Mercedes just gave me an estimate for the slide rails, etc. and in short it will cost $800 to fix the problem.

Does anyone out there know how to remove the headliner and correct a problem like this?

I'm good with tools and I know that I can repair this if I could only be shown the way. Thanks for any help that you can offer.

-jlc-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.