Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

rear window not working and car shaking...

779 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  marv554 
#1 · (Edited)
hey, i was involved in an accident a little less than a year ago. The whole driver side of the car was messed up pretty bad so the body shop ended up replacing the doors. Now when they gave the car back to me everything worked fine including windows and closing assist and all that good stuff. About a week later the rear driver side window wouldnt go down and the step light at the bottom of the door wouldnt light up when the door was opened. It really didnt bother me and i just let it be for the time being seeing as i didnt really use that window anyway. Well usually the car gets parked in a garage so when i take the car out its nice and cool inside, but lately ive been parking out side in the sun and the cars interior gets extremely hot(Miami weather). What happened was that i got in my car when it had been in the sun for a long time and i was opening the windows and i pressed the button for the rear window by mistake and it magically opened and i was like wow look at that, it works. well it turns out that as soon as the car cooled down inside the window stopped working. Then the next day the same thing happened. Then the next day i parked in the garage again and this time the window did not work. so my question is what do you guys think this is ??? im stumped. Ive taken off the door panel and looked around but eveything seems normal. let me know what you guys think.

secondly, my car has been shaking/vibrating alot lately, mainly around 20 mph. My tires are reasonably worn out and havent been balanced or aligned in a while. I would think its the tires thats causing this shaking but its wierd because it only occurs at around 20 mph. what do you guys think of this?

Thanks for the help!

Marvin

See less See more
#4 ·
hey im wondering if it really is the bushings or not because this car is only 40,000 miles old so i dont think it would chew through the bushings that fast. Also when my car starts to shake the steering wheel shakes as well. I would thnk i just need new tires and alignment

#6 ·
Being that you have old worn tires thats more then likely the cause of your vibration, especially if it was caused by a bad wheel allignment. Get new tires with balancing since you need them anyway, the virbation can cause more problems if you dont take care of it.

As for the window, it might be just a bad switch, does the window work with the rear switch? if you think its related to the shops installation of the door. Then its the door harness maybe not plugged in correctly, open your door and youll see a rubber boot, pry it back an try to push that plug in or whigle it as someone presses and holds down on the switch. Thats just what I would do to start trouble shooting. Good luck

#7 ·
yea im definietly gonna get new tires.

as for the window, neither the switch in the center console nor the switch on the door itself work. like i said they only work when its really hot for some reason. ill go ahead and check the wiring harness again and make sure its all good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.