Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Portrait!

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  MGySgt. Anders 
#1 ·
The reason for the pic been taken is not very related, but hey! there is a W140 in the back so here we go!!!

You can see me with a KKK K26 turbo in my hand... this turbo is to be installed soon in my Saturn.

See less See more
#3 ·
XM Radio, I am going to post a "how to" soon about how to wire XM radio in a W140, and make it look as close to stock as possible.

#6 ·
Yes, XM is sat radio.

#9 ·
#10 · (Edited)
1996_s500 said:
wow, lookin good Bayhas,

Your car looks really great! That's cool how you are getting XM Radio Installed. It is pretty good. I have used it in a Cadillac before. But isn't there a subscription service that you have to pay for once a year, or something?
I took pictures of the installation, I'll post them soon in a DIY post, showing how to install a pioneer IP bus, CD changer, and XM radio embedded in the car for a fairly OEM look.

XM wise its up to the user to either go with pre paid for up to five years of programming, or on month to month basis.

#12 ·
bayhas said:
I took pictures of the installation, I'll post them soon in a DIY post, showing how to install a pioneer IP bus, CD changer, and XM radio embedded in the car for a fairly OEM look.

XM wise its up to the user to either go with pre paid for up to five years of programming, or on month to month basis.
is the five year plan cheaper than month to month? Sometimes they do that to appeal to people who are looking to save money. :D

Often times though, they don't even use their XM that much haha. :cool:

#14 · (Edited)
pchansen1 said:
I believe that KKK K26 is out of a 1986-1989 Porsche 911 Turbo (Type 930). Am I correct?
thats true, KKK K26 and K27 were used in the Porshes in that era, however, the same turbo was widely used in several other german cars, such as VW and Audi, my turbo is out of a Audi 5000 RS, none the less, all of these KKKs are essentially the same, the only difference lays in the design of the exhaust manifold and/or the flange pattern.

#15 ·
hey bayhas, Gunner here... my nephew sent me a 1994 S-420 from Europe. He said everyone here has been a great help. I am in Florida and wanted to pass this on to everyone. Also have a winder looking box in the boot, looks like alot of magnet wire and bushing materials and other parts (extra) including another duovalve and other things. I will have to jump into alldatadiy.com right now and see how things operate on the big S Class (or S-Klasse per Hans) for sure! I really am into Mercedes and worked in a maintenance mechanic position for an European Dealership for several years. These vehicles are top notch for sure! Gunner

#16 ·
MGySgt. Anders said:
hey bayhas, Gunner here... my nephew sent me a 1994 S-420 from Europe. He said everyone here has been a great help. I am in Florida and wanted to pass this on to everyone. Also have a winder looking box in the boot, looks like alot of magnet wire and bushing materials and other parts (extra) including another duovalve and other things. I will have to jump into alldatadiy.com right now and see how things operate on the big S Class (or S-Klasse per Hans) for sure! I really am into Mercedes and worked in a maintenance mechanic position for an European Dealership for several years. These vehicles are top notch for sure! Gunner
Thats not that crazy ass winder think that Hans (another member) built and was telling everyone about at the end of last year is it? Is he your nephew? Thats cool the same car is back on BW with a different owner.

#17 ·
nice looking all black. i just did mine also! everyone wondered if i bought a new car! hehe....if i get some time, pics to follow...

#18 · (Edited)
here is the turbo after being rebuilt in my living room!

#20 ·
Hey, Iinstalled XM Sat. radio in my S420 as well. Isn't it great? I just got back from a trip to Minn. and the radio was fantastic! No reception problems, my antenna is only 1 inch square and 3/4 inch tall (looks like a cube) and reception is fantastic as I mentioned! Thanks and I do like this car alot! I had a 300 83' diesel and this S class is a dream for sure! Gunner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.