Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bose radio amp doesn't turn off -help!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  NZ Benz 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone can help me with this weird problem... Basically, the battery drains over the course of a few days because it appears as if the Bose radio amp in my '93 S-class 400e is not turning off when the car is shut off. I'm guessing this is the case as when the key is removed and the Becker radio is turned off, I can still hear a hissing noise coming from the speakers. Is there a relay or something that is supposed to turn off the amplifier once the key is removed and the radio is turned off?? Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated!

-Lights out in Seattle-

#3 ·
I had all the wiring in my stereo system replaced because someone had in the past been in there and buggered it all up trying to add something, we never did work out what, anyway I had a bluetooth kit installed and it was wired into the power line under the dash, that never turned off but at teh same time was not enough to drain my battery, now behind my dash some of the wiring turned out to be uninsulated!! Perhaps you may want to check that your car has not been a DIY victim like mine was. It is unlikely but you never know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.