Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

W140 User Manual

248K views 217 replies 101 participants last post by  Merc-S600 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
THE LINK PROVIDED BY BAYHAS HAD TO BE REMOVED AS IT WAS A REDIRECTION TO A SPAM SITE OR NOT WORKING ANYMORE .
All Links posted within this whole Thread ,display the same ,DO NOT CLICK ON THEM .
I HAVE CONTACTED BAYHAS TO SEE IF HE CAN AD THE NEW LINK .

4 DAYS LATER UPDATE;
BAYHAS HAS NOT RESPONDED TO MY MESSAGES . I leave this Thread UNSTICKY for now before i Delete it completely .

MERC-S600
===================================================================================
Here is a link to a page that contains ALL W140 USER MANUAL, hosted on my personal server.

Choose the year and model, then click on the file to open it, or "right click" and "save as".

All files are in *.PDF format.

See less See more
#29 ·
starscream said:
mmkay! but i can see data on how far i can drive on the gas i have in the tank, set a speedlimiter .. .. .... on a screen in that box.

Boardcomputer? no?
No W140 has such a feature, what you have in there is a phone dude!!

on board computer (OBD- On Board Diagnostic) is a section of the main PCM, designed to set and SES light (Service Engine Soon) if it detects any error, it has no user interfacing except for the scanner port.

#31 ·
Yeah, thats a phone...

i dont know if it does soem other things on the side, but thats primeraly an analog phone.

#35 ·
starscream said:
really? whats the english word for that kind of computer?

Swedish is "Färddator" = "JourneyComputer"..
I have that kind of similar feature in my E36 BM.Which tells you the speed,speed limit etc.

It's called OBC or "on board Computer"

#37 ·
this is a "trip computer". I ve never seen one in a W140. didnt even know the option existed for any W140 world wide.

On Board Computer is the PCM, every car with electrical components has one of some sort.

#38 ·
Hans Anders said:
Great job Bayhas, lot's great info!
Can you get a User Manual for mine 1994 S-420 Mercedes, W-140?

Lot's of appreciation en advance, Hans
Thank you Bayhas, have downloaded the manual for my new (to me anyway) 94' S420. Has been alot of help to me as well as my Alldata subscription I recently got per your advice! I am still looking into keeping this Baby. My new S420 runs better than any of my 2006 vehicles! Thanks and Semper Fi! Gunner

#40 ·
dave perth said:
can anyone give me a clue whats reqired to view pdf files as apparently i dont have it on my p.c.
thanx dave in perth .
nothing more than free adobe acrobat reader!

#42 ·
not here!

post a new thread with your year and model, and I ll help you

#43 ·
canadian600 said:
Hi Bayhas,

This is a great resource you have posted but alas i can not access the file. It downloaded just fine but when i try to open it I get a message that it is encrypted or something. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Cheers,

Rob

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 5 or later. Just do a Google search and you willl find a free download site. Otherwise a lot of disks come with it on for viewing manuals etc.

#44 ·
#48 ·
Glad I can help. :)

#50 ·
Big_Bruce said:
Thanks, Bayhas! You're a Gentleman & Scholar............... Big_Bruce.
:) thanks...:thumbsup:

#51 ·
Thanks alot

Thanks for the info on the manual. I just purchased my 1995 S320 from a dealer and there was not a owners manual in the glove box. This is my first S-Class and your info answered alot of questions I had. thanks again for posting the info. :thumbsup:

Reactions: myhighness
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.