Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 96-100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100+

Votes: 1 2.5%

How old are all you W140 owners?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bdonkersgoed 
#1 ·
I know this has been asked before, but not in the cool new "Poll" format.

How old are all you W140 owners?

Regards,
Bryan

#3 ·

just

feel 25.. ;) and mines the coupe - but 'cos i'm 30 its the cheap one - only the 4.2 litre not the 500

or is it 'cos im tight? LOL

actually - mines a C140 - so am I alloed to vote? :eek:)

#5 ·
snik - 12/17/2003 6:03 PM

28, but all my friends always bug me about how this is such an ol man's car and does not suit my age...

i feel old at heart (instead of young) therefore i shall stick with the w140 [^]
I don't think it's an old man's car at all! Your friends are just insanely jealous, (and even if they had the money to buy one they can't, because then the'd be copying you!)

Enjoy your ride man!

Bryan

#6 ·
snik - 12/17/2003 8:13 PM

guydewdney - 12/17/2003 6:54 PM
actually - mines a C140 - so am I alloed to vote? :eek:)
yes. Your car may be missing 2 doors, but it more than makes up for it in sheer uniqueness and elegance [:)]

no - yours has two useless doors [:)][:D][:p]

#7 ·
i know eh, .. i have never even used the backdoors or the backseat, i am pretty much the only one in that car...

bryan,.. hehe they can't possibly be jealous, they have way nicer cars than mine, they are just trying to avoid talking about the fact that they are getting old [:D]

#8 ·
snik - 12/17/2003 11:57 PM

i know eh, .. i have never even used the backdoors or the backseat, i am pretty much the only one in that car...

bryan,.. hehe they can't possibly be jealous, they have way nicer cars than mine, they are just trying to avoid talking about the fact that they are getting old [:D]
[:0] Your friends have cars that are nicer than the S-Class? They must have some pretty nice cars! What cars do they drive?

Regards,
Bryan

#9 ·
Isn't it almost impossible to be better then the 140? The Lexus guys can say what they want about reliability, but the Benz stays together for quite a while. Unless they have Enzos and Koenigseggs which are just toys you take to the track. The power, reputation, safety, and comfort are what makes the Benz the best. If those people are enviros or complain about the price, great, get an S280.

#10 ·
i am 23 and i just purchased my first s class a couple months ago, it is a 1995 s320. my first sclass and my first mercedes. i love this car and i plan to keep it for a few years to come. i bought it in good condition with 56k miles on it. the engine looks cleaner than my 2001 lincoln ls's engine. well, just felt like putting my two cents in.

laz[8D]

#11 ·
Based on the poll results thus far (even though it's not a scientific poll and may not be statistically significant) - Dec 23, '03 - it appears that at least half the S-Class owners on this forum are no older than 30 years! So, it demystifies the belief that it's an old man's car. Anyway, it never had any truth to begin with. However, the perceptions for that myth may not be completely unfounded.

The S-Class does not come cheap, and chances are many of the owners that bought their cars new were relatively older. It's not every day that a 20 or 30 something is able to afford a 80K or 100K something for a car. However, a lot more of the owners that bought their cars pre-owned may be much younger. They probably bought what they wanted in the first place, but either did not want to, or could not pay that kind of money.

Additionally, this poll may be skewed to a relatively younger (but now changing) population that spend more time on the Net and are able to participate in these kinds of forum...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.