Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My First Mercedes - 1987 SEC

494 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  maxim_maxim 
#1 ·
First post on here, based in London, England so hello all ......

I have been Mercedes obsessed since a kid and would choose to go to Mercedes showrooms instead of toy shops with my dad. He was Merc through and through and has has S-Classes for the past 20 years, (with 1 pain of a 7 series in between -never again), currently drives a CL.

I started my car life with 2 1.6 Fiat Bravos 1999, then moved onto a 2litre Audi A3 2003 and then last year made the plunge and purchased my Mercedes 1987 Sec. Bodywork in excellent condition, runs very well, a few cosmetic issues here and there which need fixing. She has been off the road over the winter as I need to get a tiny bit of underside welding done in order to pass the MOT.

Plan:
1) Underside welding
2) New front windscreen
3) Replace wheels
4) clear indicators
5) new front bonnet badge
6) upgrade speakers and sound system

- Looking to add a Lorinser/Amg kit in the coming year also. (undecided on which yet)
If anyone knows of any about????

-Also wheel wise, looking at Lorinser RS90 18inch with as much dish as possible.

Maxim

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congratulations, Maxim, and welcome.

Beautiful car. Nice color.

I have a friend living in London who is a car nut. He had a 1990 SEC and now has two older Jags. If you want to hook up with someone to work on cars, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

#8 ·
Welcome to The Machine Maxim, even if you aren't "new" to them. You have a good start there, just have a little sorting to do. What welding is needing to be done ??

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

The welding is on the rear sills as they meet the inside wheel arch. It is technically 'structural' hence needing it doing for the MOT.
Should cost me around £300 or so, 1 side is worth than the other...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.