Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SLS component question.

362 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  281lxm 
#1 ·
Hello guys, It has been a while since I have been on the forum. Since the last time, the Kaiserwagen was totalled by a careless driver making a left turn, then second guessing themselves . . . :crying
So, I have been using the 560SEL until I can find another diesel. Consequently, while looking at the SLS, it looks like there should be a connector of some sort to a little box that has a lever. When that lever is moved, it raises or lower the rear end.

The million dollar question: "is there a connector between the two pieces?" It looks like it would be similar to the throttle connectors on the diesel, but slightly larger. If so, does anybody know the part number? Or what it is actually called?

I thank you all in advance, and I am happy to be back here since I finally figured out how to update my password!!!!:banghead:

#3 · (Edited)
it is called a shackle and can be purchased new today at any dealer. $34 from mboemparts.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.