Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W124 seats in the W126?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  redghost 
#1 ·
The original grey seats in the SDL have torn up front so they look like crap. I want to swap out the interior to green, and have been doing some paint on panels and such. I found a set of really nice W124 seats in Green at PnP.

Is there a consensus on putting these seats that are in really nice condition instead of the busted up originals? I had to cut the mounting rails out of the W124 to liberate them. Can I put them on the w126 mounts? Do I have a better option by putting the cushions on the supports? Or can I use the old rails?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
And, keep in mind there is a "comfort" difference betwixt the S-Klasse and the E-Klasse :D

#4 ·
I am making much thinking on this. The seats in a w124 are not as lux as a w126, but I was able to survive many 12 hour days in a row in the saddle in my E300D.

As this is not really a "show" car or able to gain points in a concours, I have pretty much butchered the car already, the goofy look of the seats is less an issue than their being Green. I considered some manual seats from a 280SE at PnP that were fabric and green, but did not act fast enough.

The car is a standard white on grey SDL. I saved it from rotting into the ground five months ago and rattle can painted it to look like a German police car. A nit picker will fidget over all the " compromises" I have done to the car. I am a cheap SOB and a confirmed bottom feeder. IF I can accomplish my goal of green seats for minimal cash, I will most likely take that path.

Having said that, I am also a lazy SOB and if I can solve the issue for little cash and much less hassle, I go that way. The real issue is the massive tear in the leather holding the cushion to the base. Maybe making a faked leather replacement panel solves the issue. I would then try to use a SEM green paint to change the color.

#5 ·
if you were really a bottom feeder of that degree, I'd expect that you attend a garage sale, buy a lawn chair, and cut the legs off to fit your line of sight. :D

#7 ·
I am thinking I will just get Rustoleum and go to town on the original seats. Reason for replacement is that the front bottom is torn ear to ear and looks like a gaping wound

Reactions: 281lxm
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.