Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I am on my way to DC!

6K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  mclare 
#1 ·
I have packed everything and I am on the road on the way to DC!

I am taking the SEL and the coupe was left behind at Dragi's. I am working a deal to sell her to a real enthusiast. We'll see if it all works out?

First stop is Valencia to say goodbye to my kids and grandkids! Then I head east.

I will try and post pics daily and if anyone wants to meet up, I'm game.

Look forward to seeing you east coast ppls!

#3 ·
What route are you taking - Southern route on I-40?

#6 ·
Good luck to you. Hope every thing goes great for your next step in life. Sorry to hear you are leaving a great climate for your cars but with proper care they may last almost as long as they would here. give those grand kids an extra hug who knows how long it will be before you see them again:frown Its a lot farther to valencia from the east coast.
I hope you will keep at least one 126 that way we can hear from you from time to time. Have a safe trip:smile

Reactions: 281lxm
#9 ·
Too bad you are not running 20 or 10, much better drive this time of year, head north out of ATL.

#12 ·
Happy Trails!

Mike,

Best of luck on the drive. There is a section of I-40 on the western edge of TN that they just completed, and it is so smooth you will think you are on the AutoBahn!

If we could just get those guys down here to Texas, things would be sweet indeed! I think here they design in the potholes, cracks and roller-coaster waves!

Hope the move is uneventful and the new job is a dream!

Cheers,

Ron

#13 ·
Safe travels. Should you ever find yourself in SE VA, I will be happy to buy you dinner and beers. Of course, I will ask that you take a peek at my car and make helpful suggestions!

Southern MD is nice. Not quite Socal, not by a long shot, but it has its charms.

#14 ·
Safe trip, Many BW members on the east coast so you will not be alone. Take time to see all the sites back east.

I am sure you will enjoy the challenge of the new job.

Will see you soon as I get back to DC myself.

#15 ·
You're going to Pax River, right? I've been there a time or two - seems pretty nice, although you'll get a chance to "enjoy" some winter. Hope the trip goes well, good luck and happy trails!

Reactions: mclare
#20 ·
Oh shit!

Just drove trough there and I should have stayed there! 250 mile snow storm!. Man was that scary!

#22 ·
For sure, bfloB.

We currently have a bit of snow up falling up here is Boston too.

My favorite seasonal saying: "When it snows.. it makes everyone save you & me forget how to drive…"

To you Mike… Good luck on your many faceted journey/adventure..

MBL

#23 ·
BIG Problem!

While it seems that the heater works, at freeway speeds and with outside temps touching near zero, it's FREEZING inside the cabin nd near intolerable.

I need a little help because my manual set is packed in shipping PODS in Cali. I think that the cold air is coming in from the outside air flao into the Bendix Box. The vac pods are not working but I've never had this much cold air come in the car. I do have some tools with me, but can someone post up a diagram if the heater box, or has anyine had this problem?

I am in Amarillo and may be stuck here. I have a buddy near Memphis if I can get there, but you guys can see what the weather is doing.

#34 ·
I am in Amarillo and may be stuck here.
You might want to wait another day or two if you have time. The weather should warm up back into the 70s after the weekend. At least here in DFW area, that is.

Hope you get the heater problem solved soon. Duct tape sound like a prtty good option.

#26 ·
Thanks! But what I need is the exploded diagram of the heater core airbox where it mounts to the inner frame.

#27 ·
Maybe I'll get some duct tape and tape over the opening? Or some bailing wire and wire it closed?

Any Engineer worth his salt should be able to fix anything with duct tape and bailing wire, right? So I was told.

#28 ·
I will say this: Driving through that storm last night really tested my nerve. It would have been hard enough with a working heater, but freezing and shivering....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.