Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Coupe Lovers!! LOOK!!!

2K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  xlimodriver 
#1 ·
While checking out a couple of cars for a friend today, I came across this 1985 500SEC european version with all the AMG goodies you could want.

I have no personal interest in this car, just know there's a bunch of you coupe maniacs out there who would probably get all moist when you saw this.

If you want contact information, PM me. It's for sale for $8500, but that's about all I know other than it's in Tampa, FL.

Dan

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
And with red being my favorite color I'd be droolin all over myself not to mention having difficulty walking a straight line :grin but alas THIS maniac is well satisfied with my adrenaline rush out in the garage. Thanks for sharing though :wink

Reactions: mramay
#4 ·
While I'm not a big fan of coupes, having owned with W123 and W140 coupes, I will say that this is a beautiful car, especially with all the AMG stuff on it.

I'm not familiar with W126 coupes, and was really enamored of the shaped trim pieces that went over the door handles. Those are cool, and I have never seen anything like them before. Are they AMG or on all the W126 coupes?

Dan

#7 ·
I will say that this is a beautiful car, especially with all the AMG stuff on it.

I'm not familiar with W126 coupes, and was really enamored of the shaped trim pieces that went over the door handles. Those are cool, and I have never seen anything like them before. Are they AMG or on all the W126 coupes?

My '84 has the little hoodies on the front of the door handles, but not body color cause the car has not been repainted.
I'm sure they all do. As for AMG stuff, side skirts and wheels maybe.

Reactions: Josh
#5 ·
Those handles are a coupe exclusive, aerodynamic design IIRC

#8 ·
Euro bumpers and lights.

#10 ·
I just don't like the skirts on these cars. Low low riding means absolute nightmare getting in and out of my driveway. My bumper is barely high enough to clear a curb so with skirts, ouch! :)

But hey, to each their own. They do LOOK amazing. But just not practical for me.

Am I crazy for also liking the USA bumpers? Maybe it's because they just look and feel safer. ;)

#14 ·
Lets call them Patrick, as in Starfish...

#19 ·
I recall parking on level Parisian streets by leaving the gear lever in neutral with no hand brake on, as is the custom. People create parking spots with a bit of bumper pushing.
For this purpose, the protruding and ugly US bumpers might be the safer bet to prevent parking damage.

#20 ·
I recall parking on level Parisian streets by leaving the gear lever in neutral with no hand brake on, as is the custom. People create parking spots with a bit of bumper pushing.

For this purpose, the protruding and ugly US bumpers might be the safer bet to prevent parking damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZCH9lSNI3I

Speechless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
When many buildings predate the advent of the motor car, (not only) Parisian apartment dwellers have to rely on street parking. So to be able to legally utilize parking to maximum capacity is a sensible solution imo.
If you go to more recent suburbs (like Parly 2 near Versailles) you'll find more parking spots / structures that were incorporated in the original planning.
Two of my ME friends own infrequently used apartments on the same floor, next to each other, and each has two assigned parking spots in the attached structure.
Last time I was staying there, there were also the keys to a 8 year old Jag with only 6000 kilometers or so on the clock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.