Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Delivery Valves Issue

913 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Das 420 
#1 ·
Delivery valves leaking so bad that the car would have extended crank being parked over night. I had my mechanic change the delivery valve's copper crush washer, o-ring and spring. Now the car doesn't run on the number one cylinder i myself tried reseating the valve many times. As you start to tighten the valve to spec it stopped spraying fuel.... Should have left valves leaking like crazy .... My mechanic thinks the pump is shot

#6 ·
I can't really help much. "No user serviceable components inside"... I'm wondering, though, if the fuel isn't going to the cylinder, where is it going? Any chance you got dirt in the line going to the injector on the cylinder that's not firing?

#12 ·
Why are you assuming the delivery valves are causing your no start? Unless they are externally leaking, they will NOT affect starting.

The delivery valves are a check valve that prevent multiple injections after the main injection by slightly reducing line pressure to below the nozzle opening pressure.
As it is a hydraulic system, unless there is air in the injection lines caused by fuel leaking out, the pumping element will almost instantly increase line pressure to the nozzle opening point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.