Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I am going to be on Wheeler Dealer next Wednesday 16th... thank you everyone!

40K views 172 replies 44 participants last post by  D&WCali 
#1 · (Edited)
Over the years many, many of you have helped me with my Mercedes addiction. I got my wife drunk on the tristar also, now, our 2 year old has not missed a Mercedes meet yet. I have spoken to some of you on numerous phone calls, emails, and we even see some of you socially. So first I thank everyone for their help, for without all of you, I could not make the following announcement. I have the pleasure of announcing that I, my wife, along with a Widebody W126 coupe will be on Wheeler Dealer Wednesday November 16th at 8pm CST-. It is a beautiful Mercedes coupe. The program is aired in the United States on Velocity Channel (a division of Discovery see Wikipedia page for what channel it airs in other countries). I have not seen any of the finished video but my wife and I agree that being on television is a feat all in its own. I know some of you thought the only time you would see our face on Television would be in conjunction with some police blotter or mugshot, but no… we got to have a once in a lifetime experience in LA and the surrounding raceway of Willow Springs. We experienced what making a TV episode was all about, and I hope we get to show the world what a great car the SEC Mercedes is, and what a cool a la carte company AMG pre merger was. So please watch if nothing else I know the car will look good. Andy Warhol once said everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame. Well ours is 1 hour and shown in 48 countries worldwide.
Bob, Ariana and Tre Youngman

We owe a especially huge debt of gratitude to a couple members here who shall remain nameless unless they want to acknowledge themselves who were instrumental in making all this happen, My family cannot thank you enough for thinking of us with this rare opportunity.

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats on the WB project, Bob. You are a true enthusiast. Very exciting that you will have your story told on Wheeler Dealers. Hope to see lots of pictures of the car!

Al

#7 ·
I'm set to record that episode. This will be cool!! Looks like I can download it off The Pirate Bay too.

#10 ·
Cool stuff! :cool: Congrats on your hour of fame. :thumbsup: Minus commercials. :D

As I wrote in a WD thread in the W124 section a couple of weeks ago, it's sad to see WD with the west coast workshop being dumbed down almost to the level of all the other nonsense car build programs on Velocity, Discovery, History etc.

I still record and watch them, but don't necessarily enjoy as much as I did the older episodes.

#11 ·
Congratulations! I knew this was brimming, glad its coming out much sooner than I thought! I was relegated to thinking it wouldn't be until 2017....

Looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:!

AS for WD, I still like it - they have all these California cars to choose from. The UK was a tough place to find a decent car. If I understand correctly they're alternating, doing both locations.

#15 ·
Reading this made me laugh.
"We owe a especially huge debt of gratitude to a couple members here who shall remain nameless unless they want to acknowledge themselves who were instrumental in making all this happen, My family cannot thank you enough for thinking of us with this rare opportunity."

It sounds like you are making an acceptance speech at the Academy Awards. Congratulations, I'll be watching for sure.

#16 ·
WD is by far one of the only automotive shows left that are worth watching on cable.
I think BBC America has miscalculated their loss in viewership since they took TopGear off the air. I have not once stopped at BBCA since then. Idiots.
Congrats for the show. I'll be watching!

#24 ·
Bob,

You had me at Widebody!!! On my calendar and it was fantastic finally meeting you and your family few months back. Here is a little teaser that I pulled from the trailer!!!!

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
All I can say now is the description from the show, sorry

It is very different from a "normal" episode

Mercedes 500 SEC

Mike’s looking for luxury, and finds it in the most expensive car Mercedes had to offer in 1983: the 500SEC. With the right example and the help of a passionate enthusiast, Mike locates everything he needs to transform our coupe into a beautiful AMG Wide Body Tribute. Edd exercises his magic to turn our conservative SEC into a menacing autobahn cruiser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.