Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1987' MB 560SEC ECE from Lithuania

35K views 220 replies 33 participants last post by  bflobob8 
#1 ·
Hi, folks.

Finally have the car which I have been dreaming about since I was 16-teen. Now after another 16 years my dream came true and here is my 1987' 560SEC ECE (300hp). The car is bone stock except H&R springs.

I'm going to rebuild this car completely, except the engine - it's still runs and sounds fine.

See less See more
#8 ·
Yes, the paint code is 199 and this car was re-painted in the same color 7 years ago. Actually I found it at one of Mercedes enthusiast hidden under the blanket for last 5 years.

Going further, a movie Buffalo soldiers made me a big impression so...A set of Keskin KT1s (18x10 and 18x8.5) was bought and wrapped in 255/40 and 225/45 rubber.

#12 ·
Very nice SEC!!
Those Keskin 3 piece rims actually look pretty close to the rare Oz Racing Futura 3 piece forged rims that found there way onto a limited amount of SEC's in standard shape or widebody versions.
What offset are they front and back? and how much did they cost?
I notice you have stretched the rear tyres versus going out a bit wider profile

Can we get some more interior cabin shots and engine bay posted up
Great buying

#14 ·
Doc Zinger,
It's a shame but I don't know an interior code of my Benz...

Roadhouse,

KRH,
Thanks. As a matter of fact Keskin KT1 is only a copy of OZ Furuta. And Keskin's aren't splits - just an imitation. My ones are 18x10 +25 and 18x8.5 + 15. And yes, I like the tires a bit stretched :) Paid 880USD for a set.

Ok, let's go further. When I got my Benz in early spring I knew I'm going to restore in winter anyway, however there were a few issues that I wanted to have sorted instantly.

1st. Front grill old:

And OEM new:

2nd. Windscreen trim. Old vs new:

Old removed - new installed:

Here is the only picture of the seats I have.

3. That nasty Remus muffler...

Into more civilized one:

4. And this little fellow:

#19 ·
One guy wanted to create a very special workshop for special cars. So this is a result:

This Benz has many cosmetic issues. A last pics before starting the rebuild for real:

Front bumper chromed trim...

All rubbish shown above will be replaced by a new parts during the rebuild process.

So let's get it started:

#29 ·
OK, I get it:grin

The car shipping US-LT and back again would be 3000usd roughly.

Dissasembly (to naked frame) and assembly of the car - up to 6500 USD.

"Retrimming" the whole interior (inc. seats, doors, center panel, ceiling) with a new natural leather - 3500 USD.

Body-work and painting (inside & outside) - 3500-4500 USD, assuming there is not much rust.

These are the prices of good quality service in Lithuania. I don't know the prices in US, but your are welcome to write them down for comparison. That would be interesting to see.

#32 ·
I cringe every time I see an interior torn down like that :eek it's like "HOW do you remember where everything goes when putting it back" It's a good thing that most all of the plugs are a one of a kind "yes/no THAT plugs in here"

And YES, an excellent operating theatre there

Reactions: ColoRich and GreenT
#33 ·
I cringe every time I see an interior torn down like that :eek it's like "HOW do you remember where everything goes when putting it back" It's a good thing that most all of the plugs are a one of a kind "yes/no THAT plugs in here"
That would be a nightmare for me. I noticed that guys who take care of the restoration (I take care of financing :grin) marked every wire, socket and part with paper-tag and accompanied it with lots of snap shots.

#34 ·
Fabulous work! Can't believe I just seeing this now. Will definitely follow it.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.